spc
uniqs

BillP
@wellsfargo.com

BillP to Hoss

Anon

to Hoss

Re: [CATV] install from hell

They are scheduled again today between 10-12 so we'll see what happens, there should not be any trouble at all, there are no splitters in the house at all. Its a new house with dedicated lines both incoming and to all distribution points from the ON Q panel.

BTW phone still isn't working, I can call out but can't receive calls
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix

said by BillP :

BTW phone still isn't working, I can call out but can't receive calls

sounds like a routing mismatch, you should be able to call and a rep should be able to tell if you are

BillP
@wellsfargo.com

BillP to BillP

Anon

to BillP
Well the Whole Home install is complete and so far its a pile of crap, the client receiver as many have reported every few hours will start to switch from video, to pink screen, to lots of snow to video again etc etc. Can't change the channel or anything from the remote. The unit needs to be unplugged and restarted. i'm going to leave it on and see if that changes anything

I couldn't be there yesterday for the install but the tech did something to the main TV and it took me a good 30 minutes to mess with until the video came back on....he left me a note saying that he couldn't get it to work

I do like the Trio interface though, lets see if it remembers my recordings.

The phone situation is that the porting never got completed so basically i have 1/2 a phone right now I can make calls on my old number but have to receive calls on a temp number till friday.
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK

Hoss

On the client press and hold the power button until the light starts flashing, then release and press the button again until you get the diagnostic screen. Then page down to page 4 of the diags and look for the downstream power levels. Post them here.

I'd advise against an unattended install..did you have someone there other than yourself? I know they wouldn't install unless someone 18 or older was on premises.

BillP
@wellsfargo.com

BillP

Anon

Yes, there was someone else there for the install. I'll do that and post the results from what i've read this has been an ongoing problem for a couple of years now ever since it first came out
BillP

BillP

Anon

Totally fed up with Cox today, they have screwed up the porting of my phone big time, now it doesn't work at all, and tech support says I need to call sales, so I did call sales of VONAGE.

This company totally sucks, they couldn't do the whole home install properly the first time around, now that its installed it barely works and picture quality is HORRIBLE. I'm glad I hung onto Direct TV. All this crap is going back to Cox as soon as my number is ported to Vonage.