I dont know about the query string portion. But you can try these steps to reset SMC with your browser.
1. Open your Internet browser and navigate to »192.168.1.1
2. Navigate to the Tools menu and click on "Configuration Tools."
3. Click on "Reset" to reset the router to factory defaults.
You can also try to hard reset your SMC by following the steps below.
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Insert a sharp object like a paper clip into the reset button of your SMC router. The reset button is usually recessed to protect you from mistakenly resetting your router. It may not be readily visible. Press the reset button for 15 seconds.
3. While still pressing the reset button, unplug the router from the wall outlet. Keep the router unplugged and the reset button pressed for an additional 15 seconds.
4. Plug the router back into the wall outlet while continuously pressing the router reset button for an additional 15 seconds. If the lights on the router are flashing, you have successfully performed a reset of your SMC router.