spc
Search similar:

uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

Verizon will LOSE money

Just by here and the Verizon website messagebaords I see A LOT of people that are dumping Verizon as soon as their contracts are up. I'm pretty sure that's not what Verizon intended.

We don't use half the 700 minutes we have now so how is unlimited minutes a benefit? I'll need confirmation but I've read that you can use employee discounts for this either. That right there is deal breaker.
tdar
join:2004-04-05
Alpharetta, GA

tdar

said by 88615298:

Just by here and the Verizon website messagebaords I see A LOT of people that are dumping Verizon as soon as their contracts are up. I'm pretty sure that's not what Verizon intended.

We don't use half the 700 minutes we have now so how is unlimited minutes a benefit? I'll need confirmation but I've read that you can use employee discounts for this either. That right there is deal breaker.

What they intended is that by the time everyone's contracts are up, all the other carriers will raze their prices as well. Got to love an oligopoly!
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Just by here and the Verizon website messagebaords I see A LOT of people that are dumping Verizon as soon as their contracts are up.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm amazed that people didn't think shared plans were coming with effective price increases.
said by 88615298:

We don't use half the 700 minutes we have now so how is unlimited minutes a benefit?

VZW knows that and that's why plans will be unlimited now. It's more of a marketing gimmick than anything. Not much different than when landlines went from metered long distance to "unlimited".
slimtim
join:2002-12-12
Cleveland, TN

slimtim

They got to find a way to keep the ARPU high....
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Yes. The "MB" is the old "minute". This evolution (and it is evolution Karl) has been coming since smartphones started flying off the shelves a few years ago and has been discussed ad nauseam. I don't understand how people are surprised.