join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to burner50

Premium Member

to burner50

Re: Been taking practice General exams

said by burner50:

learning the theory instead of the answers

That's the problem I am having with the Extra. I am trying to learn the theory, and it just doesn't want to sink in for some reason.

I tried the Gordon West book. Did my first two licenses on the ARRL books though... think I will just order the Extra book from them and go with what I know...

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

said by neonhomer:

said by burner50:

learning the theory instead of the answers

That's the problem I am having with the Extra. I am trying to learn the theory, and it just doesn't want to sink in for some reason.

I tried the Gordon West book. Did my first two licenses on the ARRL books though... think I will just order the Extra book from them and go with what I know...

Do you have anybody local you know who can help you? Sometimes what you really need is an elmer (mentor).

Feel free to ask for help here with anything you are having trouble with. I'll try to help you and I'm sure others will too. I used to teach classes for amateur radio exams in two different countries.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I could probably get some help from some of the local ARES guys.... If I can ever find time between working, school, and writing..