how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sparkleclean

join:2005-06-02
Kansas City, MO

Grandstream HT-502 Weirdness

My 2008 ATA started disconnecting calls that were missed - WAN light would go out and the power light would dim and flash very fast. The problem became more frequent, so I called PP Tech Support on 6/7.

After going over the problem, the rep said it sounded like the unit was on its way out and that a Level 2 tech support rep would call me back and go over my problem and get the ball rolling on replacing unit.

Twelve minutes later, received call from level 2 rep - verified problem / information. Stated that they would be sending new unit that day and to ship back old ATA + Power Supply - prepaid shipping label to be included.

Two hours later, received USPS Priority Tracking # on shipping. Yesterday [6/11] the new InnoMedia MTA6328-2Re ATA arrived. Installed unit and it registered and calls have been working fine.

I hope the Phone Power higher ups will look up this trouble ticket and compliment their tech support people. A job well done!

Note: We have a 2nd PP account for our house, so I now have Grandstream & InnoMedia ATA to compare.

nycityny
Premium
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY
Interesting that PhonePower is now using the Innomedia. I still have in the closet an old Innomedia from when I was with SunRocket.

sparkleclean

join:2005-06-02
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, I have two of them sitting around from SunRocket & Nuvio days!

PhonePower had stated on their forum that they would be switching over to InnoMedia after testing their new units. So far, this new unit is working quite well.

topgun

join:2011-01-31
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·PHONE POWER
Yeah PhonePower uses Innomedias now because they can pinhole through them without the support nightmares of having end-users disable firewalls. See below from PR:

The MTA6328, coupled with InnoMedias exclusive Device Management System (DMS), allows our support engineers to quickly access an end-users device for diagnostics, without the painful process of having the end-user disable their firewall or temporarily change settings, Murphy added. Phone Power expects to start shipping the new InnoMedia units, both to their direct customers and to retailers by Q4 of 2011."

»www.businesswire.com/news/home/2···Adapters
--
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody