share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to FFH

Re: How to keep your Verizon unlimited data plan

And keeping unlimited data is a good idea if you are on an individual plan and don't want all these family plan features. Any phone changes or any new customers after June 28 will pay at least $20/mo more for verizon.

»news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-574515···aw-deal/

An individual with a plan that consists of 450 voice minutes, 1,000 text messages, and 2 gigabytes of data currently pays $80 a month. Under the new structure, which offers unlimited voice and text messages, the price is $100.

As Verizon customer, I fall under the $80 plan, and rarely ever go over my calling or text message caps. I don't particularly relish the notion of a forced "upgrade" to a $100 plan -- $60 for 2GB of access and unlimited voice and text messages and a $40 access fee for a smartphone -- the next time I buy a new subsidized phone.

Part of the problem are the high access fees for devices, which make it tough for individuals who want to sign up multiple devices under one plan. The access fee for a smartphones is $40 a month, while a basic phone is $30, and laptops, Netbooks, and mobile hotspots are $20. Even the lowest rate -- $10 a month for a tablet -- seems excessively high.

Big families with some users being light users can pay less. But an individual with 2 devices(say a smartphone and a tablet) will get screwed over.

armed

join:2000-10-20
This is a "family share plan"... ya know.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

I guess families are supposed to share the phone.