how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tarheel72

join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Weird audio problems with one channel on two STB's

I have one 7232 and five 7100-2 boxes. About a week ago while watching the 7232 I tuned to WealthTV and noticed that the audio was messed up. It was like it was cutting on and off very rapidly, almost a staccato effect. I assumed it was a network issue since every other channel was fine. What I have since discovered is that this is only present on the 7232 box and one of the other 7200-2 boxes. All of the other boxes receive the channel just fine. I also discovered that during some network commercials the sound is fine but on other network commercials the audio issues are there. By network I mean not local commercials but national ads running on WealthTV. The audio problem appears to be on every normal WealthTV network broadcast, or at least it is there every time I tune into the channel.

I have tried running diagnostics on the 7232, rebooting the box, resetting the box, whatever I could find in the menu, but it makes no difference. I am at a loss as to why this particular channel would be experience issues on two out of six STB's. Anyone ever have anything like this happen before? Anyone got any suggestions on fixing it?
--
Go Heels!

texastown

join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX

Very interesting. Last week one 7100-2 box in our house was doing the same thing, breaking up on some channels. Then the sound went out completely on that one box using an optical audio cable. So I changed to red/white audio just to get some sound (and it works perfectly) and called Tech Support for a new box. Not sure the box will help, but I can't get the optical to output from the box. When I get the new box, I'll see if it fixes it.

Also Plano.

Tarheel72

Plano, TX

Doesn't sound like my problem since I have the issue on two different boxes. I did check the connections on the back of the 7232 at first and they all work fine. Then I checked the other boxes and found the problem on one of the 7100-2 boxes. Even the preamp shows the correct audio stream and the problem persists even if I change audio formats, like go to stereo.
--
Go Heels!

eqshadimar
Premium
join:2004-10-20
Plano, TX
reply to Tarheel72

I live in Plano and I am also getting the weird audio cutouts on Wealth TV for maybe the past week. I too have checked and tightened all the connections. There must be an issue with the feed or we are all having the same failure.

Laters,
Jeff

Tarheel72

Plano, TX

said by eqshadimar:

I live in Plano and I am also getting the weird audio cutouts on Wealth TV for maybe the past week. I too have checked and tightened all the connections. There must be an issue with the feed or we are all having the same failure.

Laters,
Jeff

Jeff are you getting it on every box? That is what has me baffled. I am only seeing it on two of the six STB's that I have, one is the DVR and the other is a standard HD box. It has me baffled.
--
Go Heels!

siersema

join:2005-06-16
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to Tarheel72

I am also getting audio drop outs on all the music channels on two different DVRs. Thought it was a common connection so pulled those and cleaned them - no change. Thought it might be the new Actiontec that was installed, no change when swapped out.

pl626

join:2010-06-21
Mclean, VA
reply to eqshadimar

I'm in DC and I'm having the same issues. However, my single 7100-P2 does work, though the audio is connected via RCA. I have the older 6416 and 6200 as well, but audio for Wealth TV does not work properly, full of pops and breaks, very bad for the speakers. They worked perfectly a month ago, so I don't think it's a feed issue, but probably more a firmware update issue. I think I'm going to just upgrade the two older STBs instead of trying to get V* to understand and fix the problem...