Search similar:

uniqs

Anon52317
@mchsi.com

Anon52317

Anon

[IA] Frequent disconnects - Have to keep resetting modem

Howdy all,
I seem to get a problem about once a month where for 4-5 days I need to reset my modem once every hour or so because my internet drops. Mediacom issued RCA modem

I know its not an issue with my router as when bypassing that the issues still persist.

What kind of tests can I do further? Or is it that maybe I am going over my monthly allowance?

Thanks all in advance from North Liberty!

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

If you have a DCM 425 run as fast as you can to the local office. (Cedar Rapids) and ask them for a SB5101 by Motorola. You'll be MUCH happier. Also, Register on this site (It's free) and send a note with your account # to MediacomChad See Profile Reminder DO NOT put your telephone# or account# in the fourm as he can check your modem, Upstream/Downstream values errors etc

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Anon52317, as IowaMan stated, I will be happy to help you. If you will, please send me a message with you account or phone number and I will be happy to help you with your service issues.

TheoGeek
@mchsi.com

TheoGeek to Anon52317

Anon

to Anon52317
Do you happen to have a cable modem with phone service? I found out that I had very frequent disconnects until I dropped the phone service and switched to an Obi 110 for VoIP. I used to have to reset the modem once a day, and no tech could ever find anything wrong with my line. But now, I've been up for months without ever needing to reset the modem. My dad had a similar problem, and it was almost always triggered by a large download.

I never got any answers from Mediacom about that, but in my case, as soon as I disconnected the phone, the disconnects went away.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

From my experience, when we see the internet disconnect when a call comes through or vice versa, 9 out of 10 times is an issue with the EMTA we issued the customer. Otherwise it would have to be signal related.
basenji8
join:2006-11-02
Waconia, MN

basenji8

I have to disagree with this Chad. 9 out of 10 times I see this happen is because they have a 2.4ghz phone with them and using a wireless laptop. Call comes in and interference knocks out the wireless.

XenoBob
@mchsi.com

XenoBob to Anon52317

Anon

to Anon52317
I'm having the same issue in the Des Moines area for the past few weeks. Starting about a month ago, I was having to restart the modem about once a month. For the past week or so, it became unplugging/replugging every day or so. Now I've got to go into the modem dashboard and hit "reset to factory default" every day or so to get it to come back.

I'm using a Motorola SB5101.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

XenoBob, I will be happy to help you with the issues you are having. Can you send me a message with your account or phone number?