spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bunchofbull

@teksavvy.com

Bell bastards now cut the bundle savings!

In a matter of 3 months

Internet + $2
Phone +$2
Paper Bill +$3
Discount - $3
Sat +3

A $13 increase. Its a bunch of BS

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

1 edit

Bell as being play funny games with credits and discounts but call them and complain.

I have normal bundle discount for my 3 services with them but got about 10$ worth of insurance plan from them for free for as long i have internet with them.

I downgraded from 25/10 to 15/10 that about 15$ less for bell aslo because bell is taking "up to" stuff too far.

Bell can give me an upload speed of 9.6mbits but only one senior tech out of toronto seem able to do it but the clowns in montreal always reset it after 1-2 days back to 7mbit upload speed.

The more expensive they make it the more i cut down on spending until they force me to go elsewhere.

XanderLo

join:2002-06-19
Boucherville, QC

said by The Doctor:

Bell as being play funny games with credits and discounts but call them and complain.

I have normal bundle discount for my 3 services with them but got about 10$ worth of insurance plan from them for free for as long i have internet with them.

I downgraded from 25/10 to 15/10 that about 15$ less for bell aslo because bell is taking "up to" stuff too far.

Bell can give me an upload speed of 9.6mbits but only one senior tech out of toronto seem able to do it but the clowns in montreal always reset it after 1-2 days back to 7mbit upload speed.

The more expensive they make it the more i cut down on spending until they force me to go elsewhere.

Consider yourself lucky. My max upload is like 600kbps and I am on the 15/10 plan. :/ Only reason I stay with them is because of bundle savings. The day I no longer get an awesome price on TV+Internet, I'm gone.
--
»www.shakkan.net - Now opensores free!

The Doctor

Montreal,Qc
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

4 edits

Are they at least giving you discount because of bad upload speed.
As much they claim it's up to if you complain and fuss they will do something on pricing.

I have friend that signed up Performance 7 he was getting 4mbit down 440 up.
He called bell to complain once a day for over week as is scheduled permitted it's now 6.5mbits down and 580k up this on shitty ADSL.
Funny things is bell told him it was impossible provide him such high download speed on is line it's bull they try to deliver as little possible for as much can get away with.
During time he had 4mbit speed they gave 1 month free and half price for about 2 month's plus up is bandwith limit for free just because he spent time pushing them to deliver as close what they promise.

It's largely us the consumer fault we accept what they tell us when we should question it instead.

Bell thinks the "up to" bs is shield to not deliver reasonable fast/stable service only because so many of us accept it.

If tell you i am selling an internet connection "up to" 25/10

if give you 15 instead it's not acceptable but if give you 20-23 this okay none of us expect full speed all the time but we expect it get pretty close.
Same go's for upload they said "up to" 10 hold them to it.
If give you 6-7 it's okay but i have to make an effort to provide what you pay for.

Never let company pull one over you fight back & make them work for your money's worth.

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC
reply to Bunchofbull

said by Bunchofbull :

In a matter of 3 months

Internet + $2
Phone +$2
Paper Bill +$3
Discount - $3
Sat +3

A $13 increase. Its a bunch of BS

When I cancelled all my Bell services this spring, I had noted that in the previous 12 months, my Bell invoice (phone + DSL) had increased by 10%. And that was before the current bundle rebate reduction, and other increases announced since I cancelled.

This is almost as if Bell were willingly trying to drive customers away. Or, something is really wrong, and they are trying to make as much money as possible before said situation exploded in everyone's face. If it were any smaller company than Bell, I would have been suspicious about the company's short-term future. Almost like a "Get as much money as possible before the company closes down".

BTW, another sign that Bell is on a suicidal path: they actually charged me over 25$ of "Service termination fee" for cancelling my phone. Nope, I did not have any contract. That felt like a kick in the butt, saying "And don't ever come back to Bell!".
Expand your moderator at work

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to RMerlin

Re: Bell bastards now cut the bundle savings!

You're the exception. Most people will just take it when Bell increases prices. On the whole, they make more money that way even if you take in to account the customer losses.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

RMerlin

Montreal, QC

said by HeadSpinning:

You're the exception. Most people will just take it when Bell increases prices. On the whole, they make more money that way even if you take in to account the customer losses.

I agree that I'm the exception... for now. People of the younger generation are much more aggressive in shopping around, because they are used to searching through forums to pick up better deals, while our parents only go with companies they (or their family) knows about, or heard about on TV/radio/mail advertizement, with no shopping around. It's changing. The generation that grew up with the Internet is.

nobody99

@ur-channel.com

Is it legal? they just cut the savings from $5 to $4 per every extra service that you add. I was receiving $15 discount for satelliete and 2 cell phones on top of the home phone, and this month bill shows only $12 savings.

RMerlin

Montreal, QC

said by nobody99 :

Is it legal? they just cut the savings from $5 to $4 per every extra service that you add. I was receiving $15 discount for satelliete and 2 cell phones on top of the home phone, and this month bill shows only $12 savings.

It's as legal as a regular price increase. What legal recourse it gives to people with a contract and refusing the price change however, I'm not sure.

The Doctor

Montreal,Qc

Bell is giving me an extra 50gb for free for 12 month they took 3$ off from bundle saving but still cost them more by giving me 50gb free.

Anyone that's not happy call them up and try get something to compensate you for your extra expense.

Balzard

join:2012-01-12
reply to Bunchofbull

Isn' that a $7 increase? But still...

RMerlin

Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

reply to The Doctor

said by The Doctor:

Bell is giving me an extra 50gb for free for 12 month they took 3$ off from bundle saving but still cost them more by giving me 50gb free.

Anyone that's not happy call them up and try get something to compensate you for your extra expense.

This is currently Bell's modus operandi: raise prices, and reduce services. When the minority complains, give them some candies such as a 5$ rebate here, a free 25 GB block there, and in the end, you still reap up a huge profit thanks to the majority that silently accepts the raises, offsetting any freebies you might be giving out to a handle.

At times, it almost sounds as if Bell was bribing those who complain so they remain silent, and stay with them

CNewfie

join:2012-08-23
reply to Bunchofbull

About 3 weeks ago I reduced my expressvu from $115 a month to $53. If i could get just the news channels streaming I would have questioned even basic.

Get so angry talking to Bell that I had to restrain myself (support person was nice and helpful) over how much I hate Bell in general.

Considering a dry loop then dumping their land line next.

That leaves me with my 5meg grandfathered dsl. Im in deep country so not sure whats available out here and have procrastinated on removing this service too. Since ive downed about 15 tb since last Apr 2011 sort of held off.

Oh how I wish I could dump all their services.

RickStep
Premium
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON
kudos:1
reply to RMerlin

said by RMerlin:

What legal recourse it gives to people with a contract and refusing the price change however, I'm not sure.

Check this post from April 7, 2012

»News - Raising prices on contracts may be illegal

Rick

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to Bunchofbull

Oh so that's why Rogers is also lowering their bundle discount.

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
reply to Bunchofbull

Hooray for competitive symmetry!