spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dfxmatt

join:2007-08-21
Evanston, IL

[Troubleshooting] connection problems - chicago *region*? 4g?

I'm noticing across a total of 8 people who all have 4g phones on Verizon that the phones are completely dropping 4g signal when you attempt to access data.

What am I missing? I escalated this and the best they could do is suggest that the sim cards need to replaced. On phones purchased in January. Multiple phones from different vendors. Clearly not a real troubleshooting attempt.

milkdud_45

@comcastbusiness.net

Re: [Troubleshooting] connection problems - chicago *region*? 4g

I've been having issues too. Brought it in yesterday, and she said she changed some setting and it should be good to go. Today... Still have the same issues. For as much as we pay for data, would be nice if it at least worked...

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
reply to dfxmatt
What phones/devices do you have. I've noticed lately it connects on my bionic and suddenly stops. The LTE goes from blue to white.

dfxmatt

Evanston, IL
phones are a Razr and a Rezound.

I noticed on my rezound when I took the tech's advice to be on 3g in the meantime (before I swap sim cards), it drops on 3g as well.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Sounds like issues with Verizon. I haven't called in yet either.

Jackal1

join:2010-08-10
Lincoln, NE
reply to dfxmatt
Glad to know it's not just me. Seeing it happen here in Nebraska, too. About the last week or so.

Brendan312

@myvzw.com
reply to dfxmatt
Fiance and I have HTC Thunderbolts, and my brother has a Motorola 4g phone. We have all been experiencing the same problem in the Chicago area for the past few weeks regardless of the apps and modem settings (enable Rev. A vs. eHRDP or whatever). The data connection just goes in and out randomly. I've done a factory reset and operated in safe mode ... nothing works. Very frustrating. We all must call Verizon or nothing will get done.

cotton0

join:2011-02-17
Houston, TX
reply to dfxmatt
I'm in Houston with a Motorola Bionic, and over the past 4 or 5 days, have been stuck with a (weak) 3G connection no matter where I am in the city.

Brendan312

@bdo.com
reply to Jackal1
UPDATE: I spent much of my lunch break on the phone with Verizon (via *611). Man, has their customer service gotten bad. They refused to acknowledge any issue with the network, offered to send someone to the area to test the signal but refused to follow up with me afterward, and refused to reimburse my account for the constant network issues. I still encourage you to call if you're reading this and experiencing similar issues.

dfxmatt

Evanston, IL
yep, I got a dodge too. conspicuously on the same sim card as before, yet 4g is working okay now.

Gotta love verizon and their lack of telling you *anything* honest or truthful. Their CS was polite, their tech support was garbage.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to dfxmatt
My rep checked the logs and alerts and nothing is showing up in the Chicago area or Nationwide type thing.

I will be calling in tomorrow if I get a chance to put concern in. I'm experiencing it in various areas so it's not tied a tower or specific area.

sragle

join:2005-08-08
San Jose, CA
reply to dfxmatt
I having this issue since the 1st week of June, all since then everyday I loose 4G even when I have full bars.

Here is a video I took while I was driving in Sunnyvale, CA.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnjjQgV5RSk

As you see, it just looses 4G connection and does not even fail over to 3G or 1X.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
I opened up another ticket because my first one was closed. They want me to try a new SIM which I'm getting Monday.

I have the same problem 4G goes away or it goes from Blue which means it's active data to white which means inactive. If I switch to 3G I have no issues and this is on the Droid Bionic.

sragle

San Jose, CA
same here, 3G stays solid. I had a ticket open back in June 15 and they closed it saying nothing was wrong, so I had them open a new ticket this week. They saying that it could be im out of single coverage area which is BS I get full bars of 4G all over the San Francisco Bay Area.

dfxmatt

Evanston, IL
reply to gdm
I replaced sim as they requested, absolutely no change whatsoever. It's idiotic for them to ask to do it, but I did it anyway. I still get random drops on towers regardless of signal. I have run a trace right before and during a drop + recovery, but I'm not sure if the tracelog I ran will help anyone or not.

Technicholas
Premium
join:2010-11-11
Winterset, IA
reply to dfxmatt
I am also having the same problem with 4G LTE dropping but today it dropped out and wouldn't connect. What I ended up is dialing enableing rev data and then enabled eHRPD again and my HTC Rezound came online.

sragle

San Jose, CA
reply to sragle
Is it just me, or did the problem go away since yesterday?

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
I got a new SIM yesterday and same drop in LTE coverage. Just got my replacement Bionic today to test.

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
reply to dfxmatt
I'm having the same 4G issue other ppl are having with a Bionic. VZ told me the reason the 4G indicator goes white because the phones are losing connection to Google servers. They told me there was a "fix" in the works but couldn't give me any idea of when it might be fixed. The only "fix" if you can call it that, that I have got from VZ is to put the phone into CDMA only and only use 3G.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
It has nothing to do with the google servers. The data connection is gone when it goes white. Blue means it's an active data connection.

I'll update tomorrow since I'll be on LTE all morning for a meeting. Setting up my new Bionic right now.

sragle

San Jose, CA
reply to dfxmatt
Problem just came back.....

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
reply to dfxmatt
My replacement Bionic worked perfectly fine. I now have a Galaxy SIII that I haven't tested enough to say if it's happening.

dfxmatt

Evanston, IL
reply to sragle
I suppose my phone is under warranty, maybe I will ask for a replacement at this rate. I can tell they were avoiding that. I'm extremely skeptical that's what going on given that the data goes out for a moment and then reconnects.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
That's what was happening with my bionic. I was skeptical as well but no issues since. My Galaxy S3 hasn't had any issues either.

dfxmatt

Evanston, IL

getting to be a bigger issue, it seems

looks like I was playing the part part of the Canary in the coal mine, so to speak. This is getting to be a larger issue.

»www.theverge.com/2012/7/30/32016···a-outage

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
That's just happening now. This has happened before where they have a connectivity issue in the morning and it's fixed before lunch usually.

As I stated switching out my Bionic actually fixed my issues. My new Galaxy SIII I haven't seen any issues with LTE either.