Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

jabarnut to GuruGuy

Premium Member

to GuruGuy

Re: Java SE 7, Update 5 (JDK 7u5)

Did you look at my screenshot in the other thread, and also try out the test page I linked to? Unless I'm totally off the wall here, you have the most up to date version.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

Yes, I did see your screenshot. The build version showing in your screenshot is the same as mine.

However, the NEW build version is "u5". Not "b05". Thus the reason for my question, why is the build version not showing as "u5".
GuruGuy

GuruGuy to jabarnut

Premium Member

to jabarnut
Yes. However the NEW build version is "u5" and not "b05".

Why is the build version showing the wrong version.
Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

1 edit

1 recommendation

Shady Bimmer

Premium Member

said by GuruGuy:

The build version has nothing to do with the "update" version. 1.7.0_05-b05 absolutely IS the latest update. "1.7.0" is Java SE 7, "_05" is u5.

Straight from the authoritative site ( »www.oracle.com/technetwo ··· 274.html ):

The full version string for this update release is 1.7.0_05-b05 (where "b" means "build") and the version number is 7u5.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by Shady Bimmer:

said by GuruGuy:

The build version has nothing to do with the "update" version. 1.7.0_05-b05 absolutely IS the latest update. "1.7.0" is Java SE 7, "_05" is u5.

Straight from the authoritative site (»www.oracle.com/technetwo ··· 4.html):

The full version string for this update release is 1.7.0_05-b05 (where "b" means "build") and the version number is 7u5.

Your link returns a 404 error

We're sorry, the page you requested was not found
Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

Shady Bimmer

Premium Member

Fixed.

For some reason the forum editor attached the closing parenthesis and colon to the url - simply take these off the end of the url after you get the '404' and refresh, or click on the link in the updated post above.