how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sven_kirk3

join:2002-07-23
Lithia Springs, GA

[Home Network] Wireless printing...

I have a Samsung ML-2165w, 2wire modem, with Win7 and XP pcs.
I went through the wireless setup, using the USB cable and the WPS setup and never got it running.
It will only work connected through the USB cable.
I called Samsung tech support, and they pretty much gave up and told me to return it to the vendor after I said I had a 2wire modem.
Should I contact AT&T for setup help?

Please move if needed...

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
said by sven_kirk3:

Should I contact AT&T for setup help?

no...

that's not ATT's problem...

sven_kirk3

join:2002-07-23
Lithia Springs, GA
The reason I say contact AT&T is that there may be settings in the router that may be blocking it.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
said by sven_kirk3:

The reason I say contact AT&T is that there may be settings in the router that may be blocking it.

You can try but i am sure att will do the same thing samsung did.

I would ask the peeps at the hardware forum and 2wire forum for pointers. They might have more answers for you than att.

I remember a friend having the same issue, we ended up replacing his pos 2wire and getting a networked printer instead thats connected to a wireless desktop.

treyatl2006

join:2012-01-26
Atlanta, GA
reply to sven_kirk3
At&t isn't going to help you with this issue. They may transfer you to some third party over the phone tech support company (that will charge a fee. Even they wont even guarantee a solution). I Never delt with a Samsung printer before but I have set-up several HP, Epson, Canon and Xerox wireless/network printers before. You sound like you may have some firewall or port issues. You can try bypassing some of those firewall issues..... First off, is the printer connected to the 2-wire router wirelessly or through the Ethernet port. If the printer is connected to the 2-wire router wirelessly then you may want to try connecting it directly using Ethernet. (Assuming your printer is in a home office near the 2-wire router.) You will still be able to print from any computer connected to your network.... Also make sure you've install the printer drivers on each computer. Some wireless printers are not not plug and play friendly.

If that doesn't work you might have to manually configure the printer on each computer by inputing the printer's ip, mac, dns address (or what ever it ask)... This can be found under the LAN or local network page in the 2-wire home portal page.

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to sven_kirk3
said by sven_kirk3:

If that's the case can you not log into the 2wire, get into the Home Network section, Firewall & select the IP of the printer and just allow all applications ?

Tel

join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC
reply to sven_kirk3
My HP printer will not work with Wi-Fi Protected Setup enabled.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
reply to sven_kirk3
said by sven_kirk3:

I called Samsung tech support, and they pretty much gave up and told me to return it to the vendor after I said I had a 2wire modem

What is the model number of the 2wire