share rss forum feed

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

No lube for Canadians, say incumbents

»business.financialpost.com/2012/···-canada/

A global Internet industry forecast released Tuesday contains a subtle message for the many Canadian Internet subscribers who’ve been billed “overage” fees after they unwittingly exceeded their monthly data allotment — get used to it.

Canadian providers generally sell plans with lower bandwidth caps than their American peers, which drove percentage revenue gains higher here last year and widened a gap that has opened between Internet plans in the two countries, according to a new study from PwC.

And it is a trend expected to continue.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by MaynardKrebs:

A global Internet industry forecast released Tuesday contains a subtle message for the many Canadian Internet subscribers who’ve been billed “overage” fees after they unwittingly exceeded their monthly data allotment — get used to it.

Canadian providers generally sell plans with lower bandwidth caps than their American peers, which drove percentage revenue gains higher here last year and widened a gap that has opened between Internet plans in the two countries, according to a new study from PwC.

Lube?

MaynardKrebs
Premium

said by workablob:

Lube?

What most people like to have used on them when certain bodily orifices are penetrated with a hard object.

workablob

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by workablob:

Lube?

What most people like to have used on them when certain bodily orifices are penetrated with a hard object.

I suspected that.

Bwahaha. Funny but true.

Gives new meaning to 'Oh Canada'

Dave

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to MaynardKrebs

Someone got it right in one of their comments:
CRTC that is comical these top heavy weights have them in their back pocket, this I know from working with Rogers. I was shocked at the lower caps offered by Bell, Rogers and the gang, I cannot believe they would lower the cap but here it is if you want more pay for it . I believe the disease is the CRTC it must be removed and independent body be instilled.

nauru

join:2011-02-02
reply to workablob

said by workablob:

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by workablob:

Lube?

I suspected that.

Bwahaha. Funny but true.

Gives new meaning to 'Oh Canada'

Dave

lol

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

More like "OH ! - Canada ?"

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

....Canadian providers generally sell plans with lower bandwidth caps than their American peers, which drove percentage revenue gains higher here last year and widened a gap that has opened between Internet plans in the two countries, according to a new study from PwC....

Bandwidth ?

Usage !

SHAME !

JF's not gone much more than a month and already yer slipping !

Tsk, Tsk....

MaynardKrebs
Premium

I didn't write that - it's written that way in the article.

workablob

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

More like "OH ! - Canada ?"

Yes. Perfecto!

Well Done.

Dave

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

I didn't write that - it's written that way in the article.

I suspected you had not, but if I had done my due diligence and had actually read the piece, I could not have had my wee poke/joke.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

What a bunch of asshats... I can only dream of functional separation. Speaking of which anyone notice that the usuall Canadian Telco trolls haven't really come back with DSLr?
--
Everything in moderation... Including Moderation --Oscar Wilde
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to El Quintron

Re: No lube for Canadians, say incumbents

said by El Quintron:

....Speaking of which anyone notice that the usuall Canadian Telco trolls haven't really come back with DSLr?

SHHHHH !!!

You'll WAKE them !

OTOH, they might all have followed JF over to Twitter.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Davesnothere:

said by El Quintron:

....Speaking of which anyone notice that the usuall Canadian Telco trolls haven't really come back with DSLr?

SHHHHH !!!

You'll WAKE them !

OTOH, they might all have followed JF over to Twitter.

Did you notice that deleted response between our two posts?
--
Everything in moderation... Including Moderation --Oscar Wilde

Katzendreck

join:2003-09-29
Calgary, AB
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

Will only get worse until we're capped at wireless data levels and on a per MB billed usage while still paying higher monthly premiums than our neighbours down south.
--
Politicians realized from business that marketing is sufficient over quality, which is why politicians try and market their personalities rather than the quality of their work.

Ott_Cable

@teksavvy.com
reply to MaynardKrebs

That's what happen when you have George Cope, a former Wireless guy, running Bell Canada. He is milking treating Internet as if it were Wireless data. Bell's counterpart are just mirroring Bell's policy, so that's not going to offer any competition in a duopoly.

Usage quota is just like Limbo Dance for them... How low can you go!?