Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to DKS

Re: UPDATE: Tethering w/ Unlimited Mobile Browsing on a dumphone

said by DKS:

I had a similar plan with Bell. The penalty for tethering, which was explicit in the contract, was $15/MB. I did it for a month and am now with Telus. All whistles and bells, including tethering (which I am doing right now) for $57/mo and a free iPhone 4S

OMG, hell has frozen over! DKS ditched a Bell service!

Now just ditch their overpriced p0s internet!
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by HiVolt:

said by DKS:

I had a similar plan with Bell. The penalty for tethering, which was explicit in the contract, was $15/MB. I did it for a month and am now with Telus. All whistles and bells, including tethering (which I am doing right now) for $57/mo and a free iPhone 4S

OMG, hell has frozen over! DKS ditched a Bell service!

Now just ditch their overpriced p0s internet!

Not with an unlimited HSLD account.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by DKS:

Not with an unlimited HSLD account.

Even though they keep jacking up the price by $5 every year? They'll just discontinue it eventually.

TetherUMB

@74.198.9.x
reply to 46666818
said by 46666818:

Thanks for posting your invoice it will make it quite easy to find your account now based on your usage and have the boys in tech fix this UMB issuing you are having. If you are cheating the system why advertise it so we can fix it?

If it were an issue deserving of their attention, they would have fixed it by now, if they could. I suspect the issue is not very easy to fix at all. In any case, I have been posting about this feature of UMB for over a year, and even discussed it with Fido employees. I once had a Fido rep on the phone try and upgrade me to a 500MB data plan along with a new smartphone. Told her to take a look at my data usage on the UMB plan and she nearly shit herself. This was back in January.

I don't see the point in hoarding the service for myself. If I can take advantage of it, than so should everyone else who wants to. I'm available for questions if anyone would like specifics on how to get this working.

I personally don't care if they're not making their usual 10,000% ROI on my account. I would personally like to see all these companies nationalized and operated on zero profit margin (all profits reinvested or distributed back to customers, no private ownership), so they can literally go cry me a river.

It would also be great if the board of directors and executive officers were taken out back and shot, but that ain't gonna happen!