Search similar:

uniqs
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan

Re: Upload speed increased

said by Just_Dan:

There will be a few updates going out for the DPC2100 modems hopefully in a few weeks if everything tests okay.

Thanks. I will keep an eye out for any changes.
adymax
join:2012-03-14
Rolling Meadows, IL

adymax

Thank You Dan for your help.
If we own the DPC2100 modem do we get the updates? Or we have to ask?
pparks1
join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI

pparks1 to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
Dan,

The speed issues of being limited to around 1.80Mbps for me is with the Arris phone modem as well.

I generally test on speedtest.speakeasy.net, but also have seen the same speeds with the wow test site.

Edit: PM sent with my phone number.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to adymax

Premium Member

to adymax
said by adymax:

Thank You Dan for your help.
If we own the DPC2100 modem do we get the updates? Or we have to ask?

The systems doing the upgrades don't know if your modem is owned or if it's ours, only the billing system has that information. As long as your model number matches one that we provide, it will get upgraded automatically.
adymax
Rolling Meadows, IL

adymax to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
I ran a speed test today and I’m getting 2Mbps upload which never happened since wow increased to 2Mbps. I have firmware version: v2.0.2r1256-080303U on my DPC2100R2. I want to thank Dan for his commitment to help us. Job well done Dan!
baess

baess

I do not have the new firmware. I still have -060303. But interestingly I am now getting the 2Mbps. So was it firmware or something else that fixed the issue?

I'm happy to now be getting the advertised speed but if there is new firmware hopefully Dan can push it to my modem when he returns.
garnuts
join:2012-02-03
Columbus, OH

garnuts to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
Still never above 1.93 up here.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
No upload speed improvement for me... I still can't get above 1.8 Mbps up through my DPC2100.

My firmware version is v2.0.2r1256-060303.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

We actually received a new version of firmware from the vendor just about a month ago out of the blue. We had been having issues with the previous version of firmware bricking the modems, so we were never able to actually roll it out, but this new version of firmware they just released in July seems to be stable. We haven't done a mass deploy on it yet, but we do have it available to load to modems.

I have gone ahead and upgraded adymax, baess, and slyphoxj, since I have all of your information. That version of firmware adymax was running was not a firmware we've ever deployed, which is why his looked different than the others. You're now all running on dpc2100rx-v202r1256-120710Uas firmware. Please let me know if you have any issues with that firmware.
adymax
Rolling Meadows, IL

adymax

I'll check it out when I get home and report back. Thanks Dan!
adymax

adymax

Thank You Dan for the firmware upgrade I’m on dpc2100rx-v202r1256-120710Uas and getting over 2Mbps for upload.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9554.png

slyphoxj
united state

slyphoxj to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05

WOW Cleveland speed test

Speakeasy speed test
Click for full size
speedtest.net speed test - I wonder why my down speed is so slow?
I'm now getting about 2Mbps or better on all three of the speedtest sites I regularly use!

I'm getting way below 15 Mbps down on speedtest.net for some reason.

Edit: I forgot to thank WOW_Dan for the excellent work he did on fixing this issue!
baess

baess to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
My upload speed is good too. But as I mentioned it went from 1.8 to 2 Mbps before the new firmware, sometime Saturday or Sunday. Maybe Dan knows why.

And thanks as well!

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

1 edit

Just_Dan

Premium Member

There was another change made tot he burst rates of the modems as well as the firmware upgrade. The burst rate change was what was made to address the speed issues.

Clocker1K
@gm.com

Clocker1K

Anon

WOW uses something like Comcast's SpeedBoost now?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by Clocker1K :

WOW uses something like Comcast's SpeedBoost now?

No, our burst rate is not set the same as theirs. Burst rate is a standard setting across all modems, but we do not have ours set the same they do for their "SpeedBoost".
corinthos
join:2007-10-09

2 edits

corinthos

I have seemed to lost my upload. Right now its back down to .5 and I have been lucky if it made it even to 1 this week.. I haven't called about it yet but my DL has been running 20-25 Mbps on both WOW and speedtest.net test and I am only paying for 15/2. Frankly I'd rather have the extra DL speed but will still call about it eventually because I also seem to having spurts of slow access that goes away with a modem reboot.
I can no longer check my signal levels. I get This feature is not enabled.
This feature has not been enabled in your cable modem.
Used to be able to check them a couple months ago.

I just double checked on wowway.com and it does say I am paying for WOW! INTERNET 15M/2M but this is what I am getting. Randomly it will slow down a alot though and I'll get like 3 down.

speed.nap.wideopenwest.com also gets around the same results.
brassowl6
join:2002-09-20
Rochester, MI

brassowl6 to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
Click for full size
Just for the heck of it, I unplugged my Webstart cable modem this evening, waited 1 minute then plugged it back in. After doing that, my speeds had increased.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to corinthos

Premium Member

to corinthos
said by corinthos:

I have seemed to lost my upload. Right now its back down to .5 and I have been lucky if it made it even to 1 this week.. I haven't called about it yet but my DL has been running 20-25 Mbps on both WOW and speedtest.net test and I am only paying for 15/2. Frankly I'd rather have the extra DL speed but will still call about it eventually because I also seem to having spurts of slow access that goes away with a modem reboot.
I can no longer check my signal levels. I get This feature is not enabled.
This feature has not been enabled in your cable modem.
Used to be able to check them a couple months ago.

I just double checked on wowway.com and it does say I am paying for WOW! INTERNET 15M/2M but this is what I am getting. Randomly it will slow down a alot though and I'll get like 3 down.

speed.nap.wideopenwest.com also gets around the same results.

If you ever see speeds greater than 10% of what you pay for, then there's something on your computer most likely causing issues with the speed test. I suggest trying another computer and see if you get the same results. It's possible the modem could be causing it, but most of the time it's software that does that. If you've ever done one of those "speed up my PC" programs, those almost always cause things like this. There's ways to trick speed tests into thinking you're going faster than you really are.
Just_Dan

Just_Dan to brassowl6

Premium Member

to brassowl6
said by brassowl6:

Just for the heck of it, I unplugged my Webstart cable modem this evening, waited 1 minute then plugged it back in. After doing that, my speeds had increased.

The changes that were made for the burst rate would have required a reboot, so that's probably why you saw an increase after you did that.
LWC
join:2006-08-24
Roseville, MI

LWC to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
Question: I only have WOW internet, no cable or phone. When I go to my account on the WOW website it still says that I have the 15/1 service. Was the speed increase for all customers with the 15M service or only ones with a bundled package?
Speed tests at the various sites and on the WOW speed test confirm that I'm usually getting around 15.4 to 15.6 download but upload is always between 1.4 and 1.6

Thanks

slyphoxj
united state

slyphoxj to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
I've gotten a couple of "Reset due to expiration of watchdog timer" entries in my log, and my DPC2100R2's uptime is only about 2 hours . I also got a "TLV-11 - unrecognized OID"... is this anything to worry about?

The extra 0.2Mbps is nice, but not if it means I have to sacrifice stability and deal with this watchdog expiration timer reboot crap every day .

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

We are investigating what to do with the watchdog timer. It gets triggered by your modem losing connectivity briefly, the modem will reboot to resolve the issue. This was a new feature of the DPC2100 firmware, and it doesn't seem to be working exactly as it should. I see yours rebooted once on 8/27 and once on 8/29, so it's not happening too often, but it is something we're already looking into.
Maxaroon
join:2004-11-10
Maple Heights, OH

Maxaroon to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan

Cleveland Speed test
I am seeing the same upload speed issue with my Surfboard SB5100 on the 15/2 plan. Upload speeds are consistently at 1.4-1.6Mbps. While download speeds are solid at 15Mbps.

The SB5100 is running version SB5100-2.3.2.5-SCM01-NOSH.

slyphoxj
united state

slyphoxj to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
said by Just_Dan:

We are investigating what to do with the watchdog timer. It gets triggered by your modem losing connectivity briefly, the modem will reboot to resolve the issue. This was a new feature of the DPC2100 firmware, and it doesn't seem to be working exactly as it should. I see yours rebooted once on 8/27 and once on 8/29, so it's not happening too often, but it is something we're already looking into.

Would it be possible to roll my modem back to the previous firmware? Would my upload drop back down to 1.8 if you were to roll it back to the previous firmware?

I'd rather have stability than the upstream speed gain.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by slyphoxj:

said by Just_Dan:

Would it be possible to roll my modem back to the previous firmware? Would my upload drop back down to 1.8 if you were to roll it back to the previous firmware?

I had it rolled back, as that shouldn't affect your speeds at all. That was just a new firmware we're going to be rolling out to everyone in the coming weeks. You will eventually have to move up to the new firmware again, but we're planning on making some changes to the watchdog timer before then.

slyphoxj
united state

slyphoxj

said by Just_Dan:

said by slyphoxj:

said by Just_Dan:

I had it rolled back, as that shouldn't affect your speeds at all. That was just a new firmware we're going to be rolling out to everyone in the coming weeks. You will eventually have to move up to the new firmware again, but we're planning on making some changes to the watchdog timer before then.

I'm still getting around 2.1 Mbps down even with the old firmware. Thanks Dan!
slyphoxj

slyphoxj to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Now I can't get into the hidden pages on the old v2.0.2r1256-060303 firmware that allow me to see the logs and other detailed info!

The "W2402" password that allows me to see the hidden pages no longer works! (I go to this page (»192.168.100.1/_aslvl.asp), select "Access level 2" in the drop down list and enter "W2402" (no quotes) for the password... W2402 is no longer a valid password!)