Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to yabos

Premium Member

to yabos

Re: [Rant] [Rogers] data plan

Expensive is an understatement.. I have something very similar, for less then 40 with tax.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos

My contract isn't up until Nov 2013 so I'm not sure what bargaining power I have to get my cost down until after that.

That's why I've now bought my 4S outright. That contract is still based on my 4 being subsidized. I'm not going to be doing these 3 year contracts anymore, it's just not worth it IMO.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Here is the funny part, is that I got my costs down from $96 to under $40, almost 100% on getting the data plan cost down.

I went from $80/month for 5Gb to $30/month for 6gb before discounts, by simply calling up and asking for the better price.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to yabos

Premium Member

to yabos
said by yabos:

That's why I've now bought my 4S outright. That contract is still based on my 4 being subsidized. I'm not going to be doing these 3 year contracts anymore, it's just not worth it IMO.

I think it's worth it. You just have to play Rogers at their own dirty little games. Either way, you don't get much discount for a BYOD. (if any) So you might as well as save the $500 on a subsidized device, IMHO.
yabos
London, ON

yabos

said by J E F F4:

I think it's worth it. You just have to play Rogers at their own dirty little games. Either way, you don't get much discount for a BYOD. (if any) So you might as well as save the $500 on a subsidized device, IMHO.

I like being able to threaten to cancel Even still I might be able to negotiate being on a contract. I'm going to give it a shot. I just don't like being in perpetual contracts if I upgrade my phone every 2 years or so.
But yeah, I don't get any kind of discount for BYOD.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by yabos:

said by J E F F4:

I like being able to threaten to cancel Even still I might be able to negotiate being on a contract. I'm going to give it a shot. I just don't like being in perpetual contracts if I upgrade my phone every 2 years or so.

Threaten, and don't forget the outrageous ETF fees.
yabos
London, ON

yabos

said by elwoodblues:

said by yabos:

said by J E F F4:

Threaten, and don't forget the outrageous ETF fees.

Yeah, I think it's not going to be easy(or possible) if I do try while still on a contract.