spc
uniqs
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof to Adalicia

to Adalicia

Re: [Lore] Lore: Race/Class combos

the only problem i have with dks is with nelfs and dranei. iirc the plague only affected the northern eastern kingdoms and didnt Arthas venture into northrend with only humans, dwarves, high elves and maybe a few pet gnomes.

i may be off base and dks were still being newly created as the whole alliance was venturing into northrend at the beginning of wrath but i always thought they were created in the warcraft frozen throne era.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

the DK starting area takes place just before the events that take place in Wrath of the Lich King. The upswing in Scourge population - including all those new death knights - plus the info from the Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade is what gets the Alliance and Horde to head to Northrend. Plus it all takes place in Eastern Kingdoms, so NE/Draenei could have been captured and turned.

The Worgen/Goblin starter areas work in the same little "time warp" fashion - the events there take place just before the events in Cataclysm.

Any newly created DK/Worgen/Goblins are assumed to have just been wandering around or perhaps just mentally dealing with what just happened to their former home. Then they decide to do something about it and go adventuring.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Josof

to Josof
said by Josof:

the only problem i have with dks is with nelfs and dranei. iirc the plague only affected the northern eastern kingdoms and didnt Arthas venture into northrend with only humans, dwarves, high elves and maybe a few pet gnomes.

i may be off base and dks were still being newly created as the whole alliance was venturing into northrend at the beginning of wrath but i always thought they were created in the warcraft frozen throne era.

Third War man. All of the Third War. And all of World of Warcraft. Arthas might have been sitting on his laurels but Kel'Thuzad was not and the Scourge was a major focus for Vanilla WoW.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Josof

to Josof
Plus in the DK starting area you can tell they are taking prisoners in order to change them to DK's. You have to kill some to learn your new DK talents that are chained up in a pit. Then later when you're off terrorizing the scarlet crusade you have to kill someone who was your friend prior to you being captured and changed.

For goblin and worgen DK's, I'm ok with since goblins have been everywhere since vanilla with the steamwheedle cartel and the worgen that aliance can now play have been hiding behind Greymane's wall for longer than Cata times. The wall may be able to keep out other races, but not the Lich King.