RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to koitsu

Re: [IPv6] TomatoUSB and Comcast IPv6 -- bugs found

Well, Asus released the new FW for this router today, but unfortunately Native IPv6 STILL isn't working.

»support.asus.com/download.aspx?S···GWzVROxT

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by RR Conductor:

Well, Asus released the new FW for this router today, but unfortunately Native IPv6 STILL isn't working.

If you haven't yet, I would open a ticket with them for DHCPv6-PD support. Probably by email would be best if you want it to get passed along.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

said by whfsdude:

said by RR Conductor:

If you haven't yet, I would open a ticket with them for DHCPv6-PD support. Probably by email would be best if you want it to get passed along.

We have over on the Asus forums, but Asus either has said certain issues don't exist, or they promise things they never deliver on. I love their stuff, but their customer support leaves a LOT to be desired. I guess we'll keep bugging them, maybe it will actually pay off someday.
--
»www.amtrak.com
»www.freightrailworks.org
»www.isu.edu
»www.nwprr.net
»www.amtrakcalifornia.com
»www.cahighspeedrail.gov

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to koitsu

Another bug relating to IPv6 support in TomatoUSB was found today by a user over on the Linksysinfo.org forums.

This one applies only to individuals with QoS enabled and IPv6 enabled in their routers.

Details:

It appears that when QoS is enabled in TomatoUSB, ICMPv6 messages used for IPv6 neighbour solicitations and IPv6 RAs will be sent out across the wrong physical interface. The impact will be flaky or unreliable IPv6 connectivity in general. (I personally did not encounter this bug because I do not use QoS).

Whether or not this is an actual kernel bug that has been fixed in a newer Linux 2.6 release is unknown at this time. Changing/upgrading kernels in Tomato/TomatoUSB is difficult given that the WiFi driver for many routers is a binary blob provided by Broadcom, and the kernel ABI in Linux tends to change. In other words, changing kernel versions may cause WiFi driver problems or incompatibility issues, so upgrades must be done carefully -- else fixed backported manually (which is time-consuming and often complex).

Permanent fix:

There is currently no permanent fix. The necessary code changes are being discussed with Toastman.

This section will be updated when a new beta/test Toastman build is available with the fixes.

Workarounds:

User Adam Gundy on the Linksysinfo.org forums has provided a workaround script. Details are in this post:

* »www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?th···t-184811

The workaround script should be placed in Administration -> Scripts -> Firewall.

Furthermore, this workaround is independent of the previous/aforementioned workarounds for IPv6 support. Meaning: if you use QoS, you will have to apply this workaround, in addition to the ones mentioned in earlier in this thread.
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.