Search similar:

uniqs

rbright
Premium Member
join:2002-12-10
Lexington, KY

rbright

Premium Member

[Speed] Very Slow in Lexington, KY (Hamburg)

I recently returned to Insight for my broadband needs and have encountered severe bandwidth issues during specific times of day.

During the morning and early afternoon (8a-1p), I see downstream speeds of 28-30 Mbps and upstream speeds around 3.5 Mbps. Given my subscription, that's what I would expect. From 2:30p-midnight, the downstream nosedives to 1-5 Mbps and the upstream stays between 2-3 Mbps. In addition to the speed tests, the connection is entirely unusable for anything beyond basic browsing and email. I've observed this pattern for 4 consecutive days, and I believe it's indicative of the usage patterns of subscribers in my area.

In the days since my installation, two technicians have come to investigate the issue and have done a poor job of diagnosing it. The first didn't do much of anything, and the second insisted that the issue must lie with my laptop. Apparently, my MacBook wants me to stop working and go outside between the hours of 2:30p-12a. Technology these days!

Has anyone ever had luck getting a straight answer about node capacity from Insight? Better yet, has anyone ever seen the issue get resolved in a timely manner? The CSR's don't seem to have access to any useful information, and the company is very good about sheltering its network engineers. Based on how blatant this pattern is, I'm beginning to think they don't exist.
rbright

rbright

Premium Member

Status Update

12 days.
Uncountable Insight Phone offers.
3 technicians.
1 supervisor.
1-5 Mbps downstream.
2-3 Mbps upstream.
2-8% packet loss.
Only after 6pm.

A supervisor told me that many similar complaints have been raised throughout the past three weeks, yet they insist on sending a fourth technician to my home.

When do they start looking elsewhere?

At least the billing department is paying for the inefficiency.
tspencer
join:2002-05-28
Lexington, KY

tspencer to rbright

to rbright
Very very slow at 40517 in Tates Creek and New Circle area. It's been around .5mb to 3mb for last week or two particularly in the evening. I generally have run 8.5-10mb for last couple years in evening. I've been too busy to call it in but I wonder if they are related.

rbright
Premium Member
join:2002-12-10
Lexington, KY

rbright

Premium Member

Technican #4 calls to come here.

I explain issue and mention that I see no point in running the same tests over and over at my apartment.

He says he'll swing by just to say he was here.

Sigh.