join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
NOT POSSIBLE on LTE!

Speedtest.net results are sometimes inflated (very short test....beginning of speedtest is sometimes a "boost" on some services".

The best speed test is to download a file from a reputable server (microsoft,hp, etc), and then measure the result over a sustained download.

said by Anonguy :

Is this aeven possible on LTE?
Or is this a fluke?

v [att=1]

i want fios

join:2012-06-07
Charlotte, TN
reply to Anonguy
it is possible yes i download certain stuff at 3mbs a second if you use int explorer 9 or mozilla nightly it want spike up i get around 20 to 25 mbs down 8 to 10 upload ping on speedtest averages about 70 ms you do a pingtest its 45 to 55 ms if you really want to chesk it out to verify go to myspeed.visualware.com hope this helps.

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
Agreed. I've done 30+ up and down. Depe.nds on signal strength and tower load. If I'm at a hotel and its slow I just turn on my mobile hotspot from my phone.

kcrudup

join:2001-05-04
Sunnyvale, CA
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

NOT POSSIBLE on LTE!

Oh, really now?!

said by compuguybna:

Speedtest.net results are sometimes inflated (very short test) beginning of speedtest is sometimes a "boost" on some services.

Eh? How can you "boost" what isn't there, and If I'm getting the bits to my LTE radio, then the speed is there.
--
Kenneth Crudup, Los Angeles 90034

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Anonguy
I'm still waiting for the LTE iPhone 5

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
said by Jackarino:

I'm still waiting for the LTE iPhone 5

only if i bring my grandfathered unlimited which does not appear to be the case. Super fast speeds are fun with CAPS you can burn through quickly.

i want fios

join:2012-06-07
Charlotte, TN
reply to Anonguy
if you purchase the phone outright and pay list price you want lose your unlimited data

elitegamer21

join:2012-05-12
Ha not only is POSSIBLE but it can go higher at times in some areas. But my speeds are 75% of time 40+/ 17.

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
join:2002-12-05
Blackwood, NJ
reply to Anonguy
it's possible on VZW LTE depending on location and tower load. my LTE in philly+burbs is only ever 5-8mbps, but ive hit 20 down/5+ up in DC/NoVa many times.

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to Anonguy
Theoretically - yes. LTE can easily do that. Under normal conditions, not likely, however. Obviously the tower you're on is under-utilized for LTE and has a good backbone. All LTE towers have to be fiber fed so speed can be upgraded easily but I'm not used to seeing speeds quite that much. Usually they only start out with 20mb/s to see how much load the tower will get and will increase it as needed. Why pay for excess capacity? Unless of course that tower is using it's own verizon backbone in which case what do they care.

Congrats and enjoy the nice speeds!

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..

2 edits
reply to Anonguy
Post some speedtests from other sites OTHER THAN speedtest.net....bet you dont get the same results!

I can do one on my 15mbps cable connection and I get 31mpbs on a speedtest.

So I know its not right . . .

try these (and post an image of the results).
»phonepower.com/speedtest
»www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest2/
»testmy.net

taz291819

join:2002-08-31
Huntsville, AL
said by compuguybna:

Post some speedtests from other sites OTHER THAN speedtest.net....bet you dont get the same results!

»testmy.net

That's because your home internet is using speed boost. Companies like Comcast and Charter will almost double your speeds for the first 10MB or so, and then idle you back to your normal speed. Verizon's LTE doesn't offer any type of speed boost.

And for the record, speedtest.net actually shows me lower speeds than I'm really getting.

wcnghj

join:2008-05-01
reply to Anonguy
I've seen 30+ at some airports.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

Thats because your ISP has Powerboost.

said by compuguybna:

NOT POSSIBLE on LTE!

Uhh, heck yeah its possible on LTE. Matter of fact, in some areas people have reported getting over 50Mbps downstream. These are in areas where Verizon has more spectrum for 700Mhz LTE.

The LTE specification provides downlink peak rates of 300 Mbit/s, uplink peak rates of 75 Mbit/s.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

Do you want another person to tell you you're wrong ? Okay, I will ... you're wrong. Those speeds are more than possible and not uncommon on 4G/LTE.

EvdOSpeeD
Premium
join:2009-04-18
Mount Airy, MD
reply to compuguybna

I've got DU Meter and it reflects the same speed Speedtest is reporting.

jweek
Premium
join:1999-08-27
Reno, NV
reply to compuguybna
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by compuguybna:

»testmy.net

ok:

from my ipad3 verizon lte tethered to my macbook air -