join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Sukunai

Re: [Rave] Windows 7

said by Sukunai:

I wonder if some day they will make a Windows that can survive a year not needing to be fixed?

(1) Why should Windows be any different from every other OS?
(2) As soon as everything else in the world stops being fixed/updated/changed/created/etc.

paulsysp
Sunny
Premium
join:2002-02-03
My current PC has Win 7 Installed close to 3 years now. I may a slight slow down on boot up nothing major like on XP and amazingly I have not seen the BSOD yet!!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
I don't think any of my Windows Install had to be fixed in less than 2 years unless I had hardware or hd space issues.

My work laptop with win7 is going on 3 years with the same install and my home PC running XP is about to hit 3 years with the same install.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

scross

join:2002-09-13
Cordova, TN
reply to GlennAllen
said by GlennAllen:

said by Sukunai:

I wonder if some day they will make a Windows that can survive a year not needing to be fixed?

(1) Why should Windows be any different from every other OS?
(2) As soon as everything else in the world stops being fixed/updated/changed/created/etc.

Don't use Windows as a yardstick for "quality" in judging other operating systems, especially enterprise-class ones (Windows is still a toy in comparison, as are some others). To do so makes you look ill-informed.