how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rhuk

join:2003-10-14
Golden, CO

[Business] Problem logging into SMCD3G BC Modem

I just wanted to check my bonding information and went to login to my modem but cusadmin/highspeed is no longer working. I've not changed the password that I'm aware of. Is the only option I have to hard-reset the modem? Will i have to manually reconfigure it to reconnect or will the IP/connection info be restored via comcast on initialization?

Cheers,

KYL

join:2007-03-07
Wilsonville, OR

If you reset your device and the older firmware was downgraded back to 1.4.0.49.7-CCR - you can either call in to get your password reset to cusadmin, or wait for a few hours and see if the automated network process sets it back to defaults -

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to rhuk

If you have a static IP account, either you or a Comcast CSR may need to do a factory reset, and then Comcast will need to rebuilt your profile and push it to the router. Some have reported that a tier 2 CSR can delete and recreate the cusadmin account remotely, but that was not my experience after the 1.4.0.49.7-CCR firmware was reloaded in my router.

If you have a dynamic IP address account, possibly just doing a factory reset will restore your cusadmin account to factory defaults, and Comcast's DHCP will get you connected OK.

Either way, if a factory reset is done, you will need to manually restore any custom rules or config changes you have programed into your router.
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

rhuk

join:2003-10-14
Golden, CO
reply to rhuk

Thanks guys. I ended up calling tech support and they reset the password for me.