how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Lost 4G service after forced update

I woke up to my phone rebooting after a forced update from Verizon yesterday and now I have no 4G service. It only get's 3G. I looked into the wirless network settings and it only shows 1G & 3G with no 4G option. I am not happy about this as I paid $200 and signed for 2 years for 4G service. If they dont restore it soon I will be dumping them on breach of service.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

Sounds like the phone may be broken.

In your rant you seem to have forgotten a few details... What is the model of the phone? Is it less than a year old? and always had Verizon branded firmware installed?

Have you tried calling/taking it to a Verizon store/ for analysis and repair/replacement? Have you done a battery pull?
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Bamafan2277

Jeffersonville, IN

Its a LG Lucid 2 months old. I am not the only person with the issue. A guy at work has 2. His is stuck in 4G only and will not allow him to change to 3G to save battery. His wifes is like mine and stuck in 3G only with no way to change to 4G.

She called Verizon customer service and they said the new update will auto switch between 4G & 3G if 4G is not available. She told them hers is stuck in 3G and they said she is not in a 4G area but we are. Louisville KY and we got 4G up until their update in the same place. They don't want to admit its broke. She went around and around with them for a hour and gave up.

I called tonight and got the same run around that the phone will switch to 4G when available. I can sit right next to someone with their phone getting 4G speeds and I can't. I choose to switch to 3G when I dont plan on using the net to save battery life but now Verizon is forcing it down my throat to be on 4G all the time.

taz291819

join:2002-08-31
Huntsville, AL

1 recommendation

said by Bamafan2277:

I called tonight and got the same run around that the phone will switch to 4G when available. I can sit right next to someone with their phone getting 4G speeds and I can't. I choose to switch to 3G when I dont plan on using the net to save battery life but now Verizon is forcing it down my throat to be on 4G all the time.

Wait, what? You first say that you can't get 4G, that you're stuck on 3G. Then you say that Verizon is forcing you to stay on 4G.

So which is it?

Bamafan2277

Jeffersonville, IN

I used to be able to toggle between 3G & 4G. I would use 3G when I was not going to use data often to save battery life. Then Verizon update hit and I could not switch back to 4G when I wanted. The phone only had 3G. I had to factory default the phone which restored 4G service but I am not able to switch between 3G & 4G when I want.