how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ansky

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

Pandora Widget

I didn't see this posted yet but I noticed earlier this week that the Pandora widget is now finally available in VHO7 (NJ). It seems to work well and the sound quality is pretty good through my receiver. The best part is that you don't need to have Media Manager running for it to work.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by ansky:

I didn't see this posted yet but I noticed earlier this week that the Pandora widget is now finally available in VHO7 (NJ). It seems to work well and the sound quality is pretty good through my receiver. The best part is that you don't need to have Media Manager running for it to work.

What model STB do you have? There is a major problem with the 7232 STBs with stuttering audio for the Pandora widget and Verizon Media Manager streaming audio (iHeart radio, etc.).

ansky

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
said by PJL:

What model STB do you have? There is a major problem with the 7232 STBs with stuttering audio for the Pandora widget and Verizon Media Manager streaming audio (iHeart radio, etc.).

I have the 7232 with IMG 1.9.1. So far I haven't noticed any stuttering audio. The YouTube widget on the other hand, I've seen a lot of audio/video freezing.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Verizon has acknowledged a problem with the 7XXX STBs. It was introduced with the IMG 1.9 upgrade last October. It was supposed to be corrected with 1.9.1 but it was not. They have duplicated the issue in their lab. It is most noticeable on certain types of music, like piano (try setting up a George Winston channel in Pandora) or orchestral music and depends on the data rate. Sometimes it is more noticeable than other. It may not be very noticeable on TV speakers, but on high-end audio receivers it is.