I hope they nail his cheating ass.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
Wasn't he with one of the Olsen Twins? Disgusting.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

2 recommendations

reply to ZZZZZZZ
While this affair will not be tried in a court of law, nothing presented in these allegations would stand up in a court of law. The suspicious samples are gone and were never considered to be positive. If Armstrong has indeed cheated and lied, he hasn't been caught yet. There is a reason that a sample and a backup sample have to test positive. The proof must be convincing. Accusations flung around by admitted cheaters is not convincing evidence. I'll jump right in line with the Armstrong haters when there is convincing evidence.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

1 edit
Take the rose colored glasses off...........he ain't superman,he's a cheater,plain and simple.
--

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA
I am only taking sides with Armstrong because he won his Tours during the testing era of cycling. If testing came in to cycling in the post Armstrong era then I might be in your camp. Do you know how many tests Armstrong has been subject to?

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

Now, don't go getting all logical on us. Doesn't work on the truly indignant.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to drslash
quote:
Do you know how many tests Armstrong has been subject to?
Yes as he himself said,over 500.

But that doesn't mean squat if the athletes and their doctors found a way to bypass/fool the testing procedures,which is probably the case here.

And the fact that it's not just a doping lab in France that is bring accusations ,but the U.S.A.D.A............then they must have more proof cause they were the ones that didn't pursue the original charges in the 1st place.

There has been just too many stories and accusations over the years to not have some truth to them.

Look at Roger Clemens,the same thing is happening to him.......people are getting fed up with these cheats,and personally I think they should all be stripped of their records and ill gotten fame.
--

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA
How many tests was Roger Clemens subjected to?
Expand your moderator at work

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
reply to drslash

Re: Armstrong getting caught up in lies

said by drslash:

I am only taking sides with Armstrong because he won his Tours during the testing era of cycling. If testing came in to cycling in the post Armstrong era then I might be in your camp.

Pro cycling has a reputation of being to modern steroids what the East German "ladies" swim team was to late 60s/early 70s steriod use. Everybody's on 'em.
Of course, that common impression doesn't count for anything as regards the legalities, testing methods, and results when a cyclist passes clean.

On the other hand, many don't come up clean when tested. And there seems to be plenty of evidence, both real and anecdotal, that steroid use is in fact common within that sport.
That a 'clean' Armstrong could not only compete with the steroid users, but beat them time and again-- even after coming back from battling cancer-- does strain credulity maybe more than just a little.

I'm not specifically pre-supposing him guilty as charged, btw-- just sayin' . . . .

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

But that doesn't mean squat if the athletes and their doctors found a way to bypass/fool the testing procedures,which is probably the case here.

That may very well be the case; however, as far as I concern he either should've caught cheacting while still active, or at least within a reasonable amount of time, and I think we're well beyond that period. Seems to me we got someone with a personal vendetta against him.

There has been just too many stories and accusations over the years to not have some truth to them..

Accusations need to be backed up by something more solid.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA
reply to AB
I don't dispute the very dirty history of pro cycling. Armstrong was a very exceptional athlete for quite some time before he turned pro and before getting cancer. He was beating pro triathletes before he was a pro and he was pretty young. Was he cheating way back then? Perhaps. If he was not cheating back then, that gives him some history on which to base his future success. While the exact data is not available, many parameters by which endurance athletes are measured have always put Armstrong well above the pack. Have those measurements been taken while he was on a performance enhancing substance? Perhaps. The argument has been brought forth that he won time and time again and that seems implausible. I find it implausible for him to win time and time again while cheating and not get caught with a positive test.

I also submit that no other cyclist during Armstrong's time had better resources at their disposal regarding training, equipment, tactics, wind tunnel testing. Attention to the smallest detail in the wind tunnel gave Armstrong seconds and perhaps minutes advantage over other cyclists in a time trial. A Tour de France is sometimes won by less than a minute.

I don't worship the guy. I dislike some of his personal behavior. If I see the evidence, I'll call him a cheater.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to ZZZZZZZ
IMHO, this was all done to keep him out of the Iron-man competitions..
Which they have succeeded in doing..

He has been tested so many times, and come up clean, yet they are claiming to have years old samples that now suddenly are not clean??
Highly suspicious if you ask me...
--
Politics is a disease, we need a cure!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!

btB

@rr.com
reply to ZZZZZZZ
I do not follow the sport to know the specifics. However, I would be shocked if Armstrong had not used something illegal. Whole thing is just too suspicious for me to believe the guy was clean.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

1 recommendation

reply to ZZZZZZZ
I am not for or against Armstrong but he has yet to fail a drug test. The French were so angry, that he was beating the Europeans at their own Sport, that they used to surprise test him in the middle of the night during the Tour de France. He, according to reports, passed over 500 tests. Never was the second sample ever tested cause he passed the first time.

They have a vendetta, it appears, based on reports from people who might or might not have an axe to grind.

So to call a person a "cheat" is largely premature don't you think?

Clemens never failed a drug test because, during his era, baseball players were never tested. Plus they are now told the date and time of testing. The NFL CBA, has thus far rejected any testing.

Even the US Feds admitted they had no proof and gave up the witchhunt, cause, to me that's all it is.
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right."

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
reply to DanHo
said by DanHo:

Now, don't go getting all logical on us. Doesn't work on the truly indignant.

He was tested over and over and passed all tests. Now they want to hang him based on the testimony of those who failed tests and who are promised amnesty to testify against him. And he was investigated by federal prosecutors who determined there was no case. Sounds like sour grapes by those he whooped for 7 yrs and want revenge.

Rojo_P

join:2001-10-03
Lancaster, OH
reply to ZZZZZZZ
There is a history of filth and cheating in cycling, and that is exactly what makes people suspicious.
There are abundant stories of bribery and corruption of testing officials.
There are too many tales of competitors themselves sharing secrets of how not to get caught with the various performance enhancers in their system.

The most damning thing here is the Armstrong team's defense is that ALL the accusations from other cyclists about Armstrong's use of performance enhancers, came from those who might have an axe to grind.
The same defense used for Armstrong's former teammate and friend, Tyler Hamilton. He was subpoenaed by the Grand Jury, and yes, offered immunity, but he was subject to prosecution if he didn't tell the truth. If you watched the 60 minutes interview with Hamilton it was quite obvious that he despised ratting on Armstrong and was insistent that it was the sport and not Armstrong that was blameworthy. Of particular note is the fact that Hamilton took a big dump on all of his own accomplishments (including his Olympic Gold Medal) in coming clean. This is hardly someone with just an old grievance.

It's never easy for any of us to come to grips with the fact that those we cheer for, admire and indeed have inspired us, might have cheated and lied. It's a hard thing in life being dragged away from our "fairy tales" and into maturity.
--
There's nothing big I want to prove,
No mountains that I need to move,
Or even claim what's right or true for you.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Anti-Doping Agency files charges against Lance Armstrong

»rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstorie···dex.html
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Armstrong files counter lawsuit

»www.tsn.ca/cycling/story/?id=400234

this is getting funny.............he's scared now.
--

rolfp

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
"The lawsuit is an aggressive -- and expected -- move"

The stakes are high for Armstrong. Like almost all athletes, what they accomplish in the sports world is just about all they've got. Even mortal beings might have some concerns when any authority is threatening to destroy ones reputation, so I wouldn't expect him to be enjoying this. However, I don't see where exercising legal protections, or anything else in that article, would suggest that, all of a sudden, "he's scared now".

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

»www.tsn.ca/cycling/story/?id=400234

this is getting funny.............he's scared now.

You seem to be deriving a lot of pleasure from his predicament. Is their something personal against Armstrong?
--
»www.mittromney.com/s/repeal-and-···bamacare
»www.mittromney.com/issues/health-care

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Ya he's a cheating asshole.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Armstrong suit against anti-doping agency tossed

»www.cnn.com/2012/07/09/sport/lan···ories%29

quote:
"This court is not inclined to indulge Armstrong's desire for publicity, self-aggrandizement, or vilification of defendants, by sifting through 80 mostly unnecessary pages in search of the few kernels of factual material relevant to his claims," Sparks wrote. He urged the cyclist to re-file his lawsuit without "any improper argument, rhetoric, or irrelevant material."
--

loli
Premium
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Armstrong files counter lawsuit

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Ya he's a cheating asshole.

And how do you know he is a cheating asshole?

AndandoPaleo

join:2012-06-21
outer limits

1 recommendation

reply to ZZZZZZZ

Let's see. His last tour win was 2005. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent? This is a turd in a punchbowl. Ban the USADA.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Judge throws out Lance Armstrong's lawsuit

»rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstorie···dex.html
--

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
It's the same thing as the Saint's Bounty with Vilma. The court's don't have the power to act so they have to toss them. It doesn't mean anything other then that.

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Armstrong suit against anti-doping agency tossed

»espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/sto···g-career

looks like he gave up fighting the charges...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to ZZZZZZZ

It is such a shame to see whats happening in he world of sports right now. You seriously cant look up to any of these people anymore.

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
reply to mromero

Re: Armstrong suit against anti-doping agency tossed

"I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999. The toll this has taken on my family and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today -- finished with this nonsense. "

- Lance Armstrong