join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Armstrong files counter lawsuit

said by ZZZZZZZ:

»www.tsn.ca/cycling/story ··· d=400234

this is getting funny.............he's scared now.

You seem to be deriving a lot of pleasure from his predicament. Is their something personal against Armstrong?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ya he's a cheating asshole.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Armstrong suit against anti-doping agency tossed

»www.cnn.com/2012/07/09/s ··· ories%29
quote:
"This court is not inclined to indulge Armstrong's desire for publicity, self-aggrandizement, or vilification of defendants, by sifting through 80 mostly unnecessary pages in search of the few kernels of factual material relevant to his claims," Sparks wrote. He urged the cyclist to re-file his lawsuit without "any improper argument, rhetoric, or irrelevant material."

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Armstrong files counter lawsuit

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Ya he's a cheating asshole.

And how do you know he is a cheating asshole?

AndandoPaleo
join:2012-06-21
outer limits

1 recommendation

AndandoPaleo to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Armstrong getting caught up in lies

Let's see. His last tour win was 2005. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent? This is a turd in a punchbowl. Ban the USADA.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Judge throws out Lance Armstrong's lawsuit

»rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_t ··· dex.html

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

It's the same thing as the Saint's Bounty with Vilma. The court's don't have the power to act so they have to toss them. It doesn't mean anything other then that.

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Armstrong suit against anti-doping agency tossed

»espn.go.com/olympics/cyc ··· g-career

looks like he gave up fighting the charges...

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

It is such a shame to see whats happening in he world of sports right now. You seriously cant look up to any of these people anymore.

mromero
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

Re: Armstrong suit against anti-doping agency tossed

"I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999. The toll this has taken on my family and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today -- finished with this nonsense. "

- Lance Armstrong

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to mromero

Premium Member

to mromero
Good.....hope they strip him of every title he won by cheating.

Now if Selig had any cajones and stripped Bonds of his records......it would be a great year.

mromero
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

Full Statement

»lancearmstrong.com/news- ··· -23-2012

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

oh my, he's been banned for life AND stripped of all titles!!!

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

What goes around comes around

mromero
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

mromero to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
yep

banned 4 lyfe and stripped of all 7 titles espn reports.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by mromero:

yep

Word is that the international cycling bodies won't recognize the USADA actions to strip titles.

Paulg
Displaced Yooper
Premium Member
join:2004-03-15
Neenah, WI

1 recommendation

Paulg

Premium Member

Good. It astounds me that word of two admitted cheaters is held above that of someone who has never failed a drug test.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
I don't understand what authority the USADA has to strip him of titles. I thought the USADA only had authority in things like the olympics and pan-american games. How or under what authority, could they take away his tour de france titles?

Almost sounds like the NCAA stripping an NFL player of his super bowl title. It doesn't make sense to me.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to mromero

Premium Member

to mromero
said by mromero:

yep

quote:
When asked whether USADA had the authority to strip Armstrong of his Tour de France titles, Fahey replied: "Olympic medals and titles are for other agencies to decide, not WADA."

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
It's laughable to think a US agency can strip something they have no control over. They would need to get the ASO/EPA to strip the titles. They can ban him from US events but again they have no power to ban him anywhere else. What a joke!

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to FFH5

to FFH5
Pretty easy to see what is going on here. Armstrong didn't want to go through the hearing in which 10 or more people were going to testify that they saw him doping.
quote:
The antidoping agency said more than 10 witnesses — including some of Armstrong’s former teammates and allies — had agreed to testify against Armstrong in a public hearing. There, the antidoping agency planned to reveal its evidence against him.
»www.nytimes.com/2012/08/ ··· nted=all

The guy's public image is what he cares about the most, and hearing those witnesses publicly would harm his image more than just not fighting it to him.

AndandoPaleo
outer limits

AndandoPaleo

And he could not win in that kangaroo court. I think he did what was right for his family and cause. To hell with the USADA.
Expand your moderator at work

Insight6
join:2012-08-25

2 recommendations

Insight6 to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

Lance Armstrong is an athletic and cycling icon. He has an unparallelled record in his sport.

He is also a genuine miracle survivor of cancer. The extent of his cancer was such that there is just no way statistically or realistically that he should have survived.

During the most extensive chemotherapy and other forms of treatment his body wasted away to nothing. After his cancer was eliminated he began to get his muscle mass back and to get in shape. It is an indisputable physical fact and a matter of record that his muscles that redeveloped themselves "grew" back into a different shape. They were longer, leaner, more efficient and stronger. The difference in his body after recovery as opposed to before his cancer when he was a World Champion are obvious to even a non-sports fan. The new muscles raised his level of cycling efficiency from that of a World Champion to a cyclist that was even stronger and faster.

Given the above it is no wonder that Armstrong is the story. It is understandable.

However, IMO it is the USADA that should be the focus of the story.

They now come out years after his retirement from cycling and go back over the last 12 years of his career and claim that they have proof of his doping. Their proof is...why essentially just a collection of characters from central castings comprised mostly of other cyclists, many caught cheating by testing, including former champions, with an ax to grind, or an agenda, or to gain something, or enhance themselves in some way by stating Armstrong doped and some cases encouraged them to dope. The USADA offers no scientific or physical proof that Armstrong doped.

Many of these same people that would be witnesses used by the USADA to testify against Armstrong are disgraced and banned former cyclists.

The sport that he competed in and during the period he competed was perhaps the international sport with the most regular and long running doping going on. Virtually all of the top riders doped. (Just look at the list of those caught--as in really caught doping as opposed to allegedly doping.)

The above all said IMO the real story here is the rogue out of control USADA. Whether Armstrong doped or not is not as important to me as the kangaroo court USADA and their egregious methods and actions.

In the US justice system including the civil and administrative as well as the criminal there is a time honored thing known as the statute of limitations. The principle of the statue limitations exists for the interest of justice. The USADA is not bound by that, (a fact in of itself that should be rectified), and in essence they are literally persecuting not prosecuting Armstrong, going back twelve years into his cycling career and using the judicial equivalent of jailhouse informants to in essence convict him before even a fair and impartial hearing on the very same matter that he was investigated for and cleared by the DOJ.

All the other cyclist banned and caught cheating failed a drug test. Armstrong took over 500 tests and never failed one.

If the USADA has proof that Armstrong cheated, real proof the let them show it. And by the way where have they been hiding this proof for the past 12 years that now suddenly they claim to have?

Persecution not prosecution and a gross abuse of power under the color of authority. That's the USADA when it comes to Armstrong.

A travesty.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

2 recommendations

JRW2

Premium Member

I seem to remember that "someone" accused Armstrong of having an edge because of his chemotherapy drugs...

Like you said, I think they wanted to take him down, period, facts be dammed...

AndandoPaleo
outer limits

1 recommendation

AndandoPaleo

The USADA even waived their own statute of limitations so they could 'strip' him of all titles. They wanted him bad. That is their only 'proof'.
Expand your moderator at work

Insight6
join:2012-08-25

1 recommendation

Insight6 to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

If Armstrong passed every drug test, 500 over a twelve year period and he is now accused of doping then what's the point of the tests?
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

1 recommendation

drslash (banned)

Don't bring logic and reasoning in to this discussion. The Armstrong issue should be discussed void of facts and strictly on hatred for the man. /sarcasm