Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

Why in the world would I want an Ad that I am seeing

to be an "exciting" new topic to discuss with my friend/family member?

My god, what an absolutely pathetic excuse for just wanting to put ads into the calls

Absurd and another reason I wont use Skype

axus

join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC
Yeah, the additional conversation will be "God !@$#!# how do I get rid of this !@#&^ ad?"

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Bill Neilson
said by Bill Neilson:

My god, what an absolutely pathetic excuse for just wanting to put ads into the calls

Are you using only voice calls on a PC? Are you only using the FREE service. If the answer is no to any of those the ads won't apply to you? What do people expect everything for free?

silentlooker
Premium
join:2009-11-01
said by 88615298:

said by Bill Neilson:

Are you using only voice calls on a PC? Are you only using the FREE service. If the answer is no to any of those the ads won't apply to you? What do people expect everything for free?

Why should we not expect everything free? I am guessing you are paying for all software?

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by silentlooker:

said by 88615298:

said by Bill Neilson:

Why should we not expect everything free?

Because in grown-up land real life doesn't work that way.

Rekrul

join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

1 edit

1 recommendation

In grown-up land, Anything that is free and popular will be bought by a corporation so that they can f*** it over and stick ads on it.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to 88615298
said by 88615298:

What do people expect everything for free?

Where exactly did I say that I want everything for free?

Skype told me that my calls would be free....thus, I use it for free. Now that they are telling me that ads will be put in and use a "exciting" line that is being mocked almost universally, I will not use it.

What part of that makes me again...want everything to be free? Should I be forced to keep using Skype in your analogy or can I pick and choose what I want to use based on idiotic ideas like this?