join:2002-05-19

1 edit

DataRiker to elray

Premium Member

to elray

Re: Utopia FTTH

said by elray:

Trillions in the middle east?
We've wasted a bundle over there, but it ain't a trillion.
Citation, please.

I'd gladly support reasonable funding for legal "community broadband" efforts if you could convince Dear Leader to stop spending more than we take in annually.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fi ··· Iraq_War

Estimated cost of middle east intervention since 9/11 is about 4 TRILLION dollars.

DOD's estimate of just IRAQ's direct costs at about 800 Billion and counting. Brown's estimate is over a trillion.

Your Welcome.

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios to somms

to somms
amazing what competition will do isnt it
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to DataRiker

to DataRiker
Nice try.

Afghanistan and Pakistan aren't part of the Middle-East, and your source isn't exactly credible.

But I'll concede that there is certainly room to argue that the figure could be substantially higher than a trillion, depending on how you choose to do the math - and either way, its a ridiculous appropriation, given the cost:benefit analysis.

We should have had an official "war tax", paid by everyone, since 9/11, which would have tempered some of the enthusiasm for intervention.

MSauk
MSauk
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17
Sandy, UT

MSauk to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
said by battleop:

Don't for get the "I wish they would come to my town" posts too..

EDIT: Oops.. Too late.

And whats wrong with wanting a cheap service like this with great speeds? Also like I said the ONLY reason it isn't every where is because of the bribes our state people took to look the other way

DataRiker
Premium Member

2 edits

DataRiker to elray

Premium Member

to elray
said by elray:

Nice try.

Iraq has cost the US tax payer OVER 1 TRILLION dollars thus far.

Do you need to read the Wiki again?

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to MSauk

to MSauk
Nothing wrong with wanting it but every time there is a story about fiber there are always posts by people who think they are original and funny.

The posts about how fast you can run through your cap and the post about how you wish X company would come to their home. Neither is funny or whitty anymore. Maybe we should find these people a dead horse to beat.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by battleop:

The posts about how fast you can run through your cap ... Maybe we should find these people a dead horse to beat.

I disagree.

The absurdity of many of these caps needs to be elaborated on at every chance.

If a company is going to advertise extreme "bandwidth" then they should deliver that product in good faith. Not some gotcha.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

"The absurdity of many of these caps needs to be elaborated on at every chance."

Yea, to a bunch of people who already know that caps suck. If you keep bitching on these forums about caps it's going to do absolutely squat...

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

We have new guests reading these forums everyday. I think you are not aware of the volume this site does.

Which interestingly enough is why it is full of telco shills.