join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

[Rant] Newegg, MSI - Make this right

Here's my story. It start 11 months ago. Here actually;

Episode 1. Video card 1
»new machine or new video card? - New machine or new video card? Answer.. new video card.

It was a great card for a month then the fan started with the infamous "MSI fan". RPM dies, sounds like a cat being force fed through a meat grinder.

I miss the newegg RMA window by like .129392 picoseconds told to talk to MSI.

After negotiating with a MSI rep after leaving the card a very bad review, I give them my CC#, they send me a card. I RMA the card, they refund my CC.

Episode 1. Video card 2.
»crashing with "new" video card

Uh oh batman, it's not working.

Same deal. CC billed, new card. Works good.
Uh oh, fan died. Just like the original.

Episode 1. Video 3 card.
It works. It really works! What's that? 5 months later the fan dies? Oh man. Eh it works at 100% and I don't want to plow through this shit again.

Insert more time here.

Ok this is loud and I hate it. Email MSI lady and she wouldn't do the CC# exchange. Smart idea - buy another one from Newegg. Use that in place, return or ebay card. pay 15% restocking fee. Fan half works on this guy. I still have it.

Episode 2: Video card 1 (#4 total)
I plug it in, fire it up... cool works. Let's burn it in.. Folding@Home GPU client go. Walk away, get water, SOMETHING IS BURNING. The video card. Well shoot. RMA newegg.

Episode 2: Video card 2 (#5 total)
Did I just seriously get the same fucking video card back? Check serial number.... IT IS. IT STILL SMELLS LIKE BURNING EVEN WHEN OFF? ONWARD, CUSTOMER SERVICE!

1-800 busy. Really?

Get into chat after passing through 15 "HEY YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF YOU KNOW?" I want to yell at someone. Lady looked up my original video card order from months ago (even though I put the one in from last week) and said I had to talk to MSI. I point out I ordered this from RMA 1 week ago. Plugged it in, oh hey is that burning.... nah can't be the same card OH IT IS. Told to talk to MSI. After pointing out that this is a week since I got it back I ask for a refund.

Now I have it boxed up.. I put the episode 1 video card back in, hear it whine for life, do the "smack case until it works at 100%" thing like I've been doing for a while and I don't know what to do next.

I'm thinking evga now. I'll send in card to MSI (which I've paid for shipping and their required tracking 3 times) get a card back, test it, ebay it. Take the loss and run.

I almost want to keep trying MSI cards until I get one that works because I am a very sick man. What do you think?
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

Sober
Just Say No
Premium
join:2003-02-24
Crack House

They would have lost my business after the 2nd one.

Who sent back the broken card you? Newegg?

If so, some of the complaints around here sound as if they are going down hill.

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Yes Newegg reboxed it. I keep SNs for everything.

In the plastic, you can still smell the original wonderful burning electronic components.

I wish I kept the chat record on the newegg one. I seemed far more knowledgable about their company than the rep did.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to Mike

Can't you get a full refund under lemon laws?

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of '75, yes I can.

I think I need one more card from MSI (not newegg, they're refunding it) before it qualifies.
--

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

Getting the same card back is not a warranty issue.

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

It's broken. Replace it.

Doesn't matter getting a refund and switching

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Any update?

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm getting a refund and buying a EVGA from amazon?

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

fun dup post

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5