uniqs
share rss forum feed

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to Russ6

Re: [DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed

wow nice way to fail comcast.

Directv was able to push out there new guide to all the HD boxes (but the old H20's) with out have to swap out boxes and no months long wait from pre loaded boxes to have older ones getting it.

Also directv lets there uses download test software as part of the Cutting Edge opt in

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3

Yeah agreed.

If every time apple released a new IOS version, you had to go to an apple store and swap your iphone / ipad / ipod for another one, that would be a major fail.

Even MAJOR upgrades like to IOS4, IOS5 and the upcoming IOS6. Download, install and done!

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

Same with windows. If every version if windows would only work on a certain computer people wouldn't buy windows.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

But don'tforget that not all models of cable box may be powerful enough. Is IOS6 going to be available for the oldest iPhone1? I could try and install Win7 on my old home computer (P3-1000, 512K), but it wouldn't be very usable.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3

I was relating to the fact that even if it is an RNG200 (which does support it), it has to be swapped. What does the bootloader have to be programmed with a serial jtag cable or something?

I mean we can jailbreak iphones and ipads... you think they could push a new bootloader that was able to TFTP the new software.