spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Shadowdane
join:2000-11-02
Fairfax, VA

Shadowdane

[VA] Upstream Channel Bonding! :D

Looks like they have turned on Upstream Channel Bonding in NoVA!

thecybernerd
Premium Member
join:2007-01-05
New York, NY

thecybernerd

Premium Member

I saw this sexiness a few nights ago but it went away for me. Think they are still playing around with it. I am in Great Falls. Now we need actual speed bumps or I am switching to Fios when it become available next month.
hotwasabi
join:2008-06-15
Westerville, OH

1 edit

hotwasabi to Shadowdane

to Shadowdane
Hopefully I can get upstream bonding here in the Cleveland area. They just started testing it in a nearby suburb so I hope it won't be long...fingers crossed! I wonder how much faster my upload will get compared to my current speed:

lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by hotwasabi:

Hopefully I can get upstream bonding here in the Cleveland area. They just started testing it in a nearby suburb so I hope it won't be long...fingers crossed! I wonder how much faster my upload will get compared to my current speed:

[att=1]

Probably not faster at all. I am surprised your upload is boosting that high, but your area is 8mbps on the upload. Where I am its still 5mbps on ultimate, and when testing on speedtest.net mine jumps to around 3mbps, and slowly climbs to 5mbps, and 99% of time it finished off at 5.5mbps. Cox has ultimate setup where powerboost is a lot more limited. So someone on one of the lower tiers will see higher powerboost, still its all powerboost, and not true speed.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Shadowdane

Premium Member

to Shadowdane
What tier do you have? I am guessing Ultimate 50. 5ms latency is nice.

VBCox
@cox.net

VBCox

Anon

In Va Beach with 4 upstream bonding on Preferred

sniperboyz
join:2009-10-30
Portsmouth, VA
Technicolor CGM4331
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

1 edit

sniperboyz to Shadowdane

to Shadowdane
Click for full size
My Cisco modem
Click for full size
Grandpa's SB6120 Modem
Here at 23702. Sometimes I see upload hit between 20 to 40 mbps.

Bad news for my grandpa, he using Motorola SB6120 and he getting 3 bonding downstream and 2 bonding upstream.

I'm at grandpas' house. He got nice upload but only 8-10mbps.
Any idea to give him full 4 bonding channels for upstream?
Shadowdane
join:2000-11-02
Fairfax, VA

Shadowdane to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
said by davidhoffman:

I have the Premier 25/3 plan here, but with speedboost I saw speeds peak at 120/40.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I have an appointment in August to update, add software, and hardware on a family's internet and network setup who are Cox subscribers. I will definitely be recommending a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem. The kids would love the speed increase and the parents will love that it would cost no more per month than they spend now. Between the awful marketing and high cost, I doubt Cox of Middle Georgia is getting many 50/5 Ultimate orders. To get the much higher speeds, at Preferred or Premier rates, for the price of a modem, seems a better value.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to Shadowdane

to Shadowdane
said by Shadowdane:

said by davidhoffman:

I have the Premier 25/3 plan here, but with speedboost I saw speeds peak at 120/40.

I already knew you wasn't on Ultimate, because I know for a fact you wouldn't see that high of powerboost on upload with ultimate in our area. That's when testing on speedtest.net, I have seen a bit more powerboost on ultimate on upload, when testing on a couple other sites.
lilstone87

lilstone87 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
said by davidhoffman:

I have an appointment in August to update, add software, and hardware on a family's internet and network setup who are Cox subscribers. I will definitely be recommending a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem. The kids would love the speed increase and the parents will love that it would cost no more per month than they spend now. Between the awful marketing and high cost, I doubt Cox of Middle Georgia is getting many 50/5 Ultimate orders. To get the much higher speeds, at Preferred or Premier rates, for the price of a modem, seems a better value.

Well everybody still has to understand, both Preferred, and Premier are packed with powerboost in some area's still. These speedtest results are not what your actaully getting in terms of speed. Only for maybe the first 20Megabytes of a file download, then your back to what you pay for. So your not getting ultimate speeds for the price of a lower tier with a D3 modem. Your simply getting a better, more reliable connection with a D3 modem.
nmlobo
join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA

nmlobo to sniperboyz

to sniperboyz
Bonding 4 upstream channels in Yorktown (6120)
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to lilstone87

Premium Member

to lilstone87
Good enough of a benefit.

sniperboyz
join:2009-10-30
Portsmouth, VA

sniperboyz to nmlobo

to nmlobo
Cool. My grandpas' still using 2 bonding channels... lol -_-
nmlobo
join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA

nmlobo

Has he rebooted his modem? My modem was showing only one upstream channel until I rebooted it.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to thecybernerd

Premium Member

to thecybernerd
fios v. cable is a no brainer. faster upload, lower price, no caps. . . .
oh yeah, peak hour slowdowns non existant on fibre.
dvd536

dvd536 to lilstone87

Premium Member

to lilstone87
said by lilstone87:

said by hotwasabi:

[att=1]

Probably not faster at all. I am surprised your upload is boosting that high, but your area is 8mbps on the upload. Where I am its still 5mbps on ultimate, and when testing on speedtest.net mine jumps to around 3mbps, and slowly climbs to 5mbps, and 99% of time it finished off at 5.5mbps. Cox has ultimate setup where powerboost is a lot more limited. So someone on one of the lower tiers will see higher powerboost, still its all powerboost, and not true speed.

give em time. they're clamping down on pb everywhere.
hotwasabi
join:2008-06-15
Westerville, OH

2 edits

hotwasabi

I finally got upstream channel bonding today in the Cleveland area - WOOHOO! Nothing has changed though in regards to the speeds I am getting