mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to Cheese

Premium Member

to Cheese

Re: Galaxy S3

if you have the international quad core version yes. If you have one of the US versions with dual core, it's going to take a few months according to the verge.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

said by mromero:

if you have the international quad core version yes. If you have one of the US versions with dual core, it's going to take a few months according to the verge.

According them to them. That page says nothing about dual/quad. I guess we will see.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Cheese:

said by mromero:

According them to them. That page says nothing about dual/quad. I guess we will see.

They've made a public announcement saying US versions will take a few more months, aka carriers are fucking shit up again.

mromero
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

mromero to Cheese

Premium Member

to Cheese
if you got the Sprint version, check for updates for nice surprise.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

said by mromero:

Verizon :/
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

They've made a public announcement saying US versions will take a few more months, aka carriers are fucking shit up again.

I don't think Samsung ever stated that... and it proved to be incorrect as of today.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to mromero

Premium Member

to mromero
said by mromero:

mannn... I have to flash the stock recovery...

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

1 edit

Harddrive to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
My phone (on VZW) just rebooted on its own and is installing some new software.

(edit) Damn, only for minor fixes. Was hoping for Jelly Bean.
»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· support/

mromero
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

anyone try this kernel?

»forum.xda-developers.com ··· =1853816

I like it so far.
mromero

mromero

Premium Member

About to flash Milestone 1 for AOKP JellyBean
»aokp.co/index.php/news
mromero

mromero

Premium Member

Look what leaked today....(some of you will be VERY happy) »forum.xda-developers.com ··· =1967107.... should only be a couple more weeks now...

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek

Looking for a good case for Galaxy S3

sturdy enough for a construction site, nice enough for a suit.
AVD

AVD

Premium Member

forgot to add that I hate screen protectors, so it has to protect the screen when in my pocket.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine to thegeek

to thegeek

I just got Verizon Android 4.1.1.

Post Op
Premium Member
join:2001-11-06
inside out

Post Op to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
I bought a Galaxy S3 last night. I switched from Sprint to Verizon. I dropped 3 calls on Sprint yesterday afternoon which were the last straw(s). I like my iMac and I like my iPad 2 and my itty bitty iPod Nano but I wasn't going to buy the new adapters plus my apps all transferred no problem from my google account.
Post Op

Post Op to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
I was looking to buy an extra battery along with a charging dock. The battery listed at Amazon says it's for AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. There is a different model number on the battery in my Verizon S3. Does Verizon actually rquire a different battery than the other models?

»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· _1p_0_ti

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

I don't see anything on that link you posted about any of those companies. Pretty sure they are all the same. Except the non-us version.

Post Op
Premium Member
join:2001-11-06
inside out

Post Op

Premium Member

The link I posted was for the dock. Down below it has links under "customers who bought this also bought" The second item is a Samsung Battery for the at&t, Sprint and T-Mobile Galaxy S
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to Post Op

Premium Member

to Post Op
There is no difference. I have two official batteries direct from Samsung and neither have Chinese writing. I have one that is labeled, "Manufactured by SDI (which is owned by Samsung) with no Chinese writing. However, all batteries state that they are made in China.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
I have a question.. I'm stuck between the Galaxy S3 and the note 2, I'm not sure how much more battery life I would get out of the note when I'm a heavy user. Almost all my phone I end up having to get a extended battery due to alerts and using the phone.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD

Re: Looking for a good case for Galaxy S3

I have the grey otterbox commander. Comes with a plastic screen but I had already put a high quality anti-glare screen protector on it.
The phone looked sleak and sexy and now looks like, wheres my purse to carry it LOL. Just have to get used to the ribbing.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

said by Subaru:

I have a question.. I'm stuck between the Galaxy S3 and the note 2, I'm not sure how much more battery life I would get out of the note when I'm a heavy user. Almost all my phone I end up having to get a extended battery due to alerts and using the phone.

Define heavy usage? The Note II has a larger battery, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Both I'm sure have custom ROM's that would add significant battery life due to specific optimizations made for each phone.

If you add an extended battery to the above, I'd say your only real issue is....what size screen you want?

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

I would think, the Note2 is already insanly large, whats a little extra battery going to do.

The SGS3 is thin and sleek, an extra battery will mess it up.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

said by AVD:

What?

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by Cheese:

said by AVD:

What?

He's referring to the larger battery making the S3 look pregnant However, not sure about anything else he's babbling about.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to nekkidtruth

Premium Member

to nekkidtruth
said by nekkidtruth:

said by Subaru:

Define heavy usage? The Note II has a larger battery, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Both I'm sure have custom ROM's that would add significant battery life due to specific optimizations made for each phone.

If you add an extended battery to the above, I'd say your only real issue is....what size screen you want?

things like tasker, facebook notifications like every 5-10 min weather update (uses gps) every hour for a few seconds. And screen usage..

I'm sure they make a extended battery for the note2?

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

I do most of that and my battery lasts most of the day

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Someone else said that and I got half that.. my htc evo is by far the worst.. sucks working 8 hour days and hardly making it before 3 pm.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

Speaking about the S3...

Is it worth buying a Galaxy S III knowing that the Galaxy S IV is just right around the corner?

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA

jvmorris

MVM

It'll be a lot more appealing to get an S III when the S IV hits the shelves. You should be able to get considerable savings and you'll know you've got a good device.

However, if you decide to go the S III route, don't drag it out too long waiting for further price drops (which will come); the problem is that you're going to have a bigger chance of getting a refurbished or returned unit that you're not going to appreciate.