ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·CenturyLink
·T-Mobile US

It's a SCAM!

T-Mobile "4G" phones can't get 3G and there's no "4G" available hardly anywhere so my phone only gets Edge now they are coming out with LTE that I won't be able to get either? I hope someone starts a class action suit because of this scam. This has got to be one of the biggest consumer fraud cases of 2012!

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH

2 recommendations

It's there, they just have crappy coverage. You should have checked their shamefully puny coverage map before you bought their service. It has nothing to do with fraud, only your stupidity to not check the coverage before buying.

King P
Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul
Premium
join:2004-11-17
Murfreesboro, TN
reply to ArizonaSteve

I doubt that it's a scam, but more that your phone doesn't support the 1700Mhz frequency that T-Mobile uses for 3G/4G. By the end of the year, 3G/4G will be on the 1900Mhz band, and your phone will get it.

What type phone do you have?

Nevermind. I just read your review of T-Mobile with your phone. It should support the 1700 band...sounds like they've just neglected your area.

You can try an AT&T MVNO like Red Pocket Mobile. They have HSPA+ on AT&T's network (900/1800/1900/2100), so your phone might get it. You'll need to fiddle with the APN, but they have an Android app that will configure it for you.
--
My Music blog:
»www.zunetracks.net

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
reply to ArizonaSteve

lol

riiiight

delusion ftl

@comcast.net
reply to ArizonaSteve

Which tower are you normally associating with? The one in florence?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to ArizonaSteve

Apache Junction borders the edge of the Tonto National Forest and is on the outskirts of Gilbert. Looks like you have hardly any coverage at all.
Next time do some research before you buy.

ArizonaSteve

Apache Junction, AZ
reply to BiggA

BiggA, you should check the coverage map yourself! Their maps shows good coverage all around the Phoenix area but they don't tell you it's Edge only and not 4G!

ArizonaSteve

Apache Junction, AZ
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·CenturyLink
·T-Mobile US

1 edit
reply to ptrowski

ptrowski, there's zero coverage in Scottsdale and it doesn't work even in downtown Phoenix either so it's not my area, just fraud by T-Mobile. There is good 3G coverage everywhere here but the stupid new "4G" phones can't get 3G so nothing works unless you are on wi-fi. I heard about a year or so ago that they were going to upgrade to "4G" but I guess they never did it because of the threat to buy them by AT&T.

ArizonaSteve

Apache Junction, AZ
reply to delusion ftl

delusion ftl, no all the wireless companies have towers within a mile of my house. Coverage is very good except for "4G" which does not exist.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ArizonaSteve

If you have android download this app. »play.google.com/store/apps/detai···er&hl=en. These are the most accurate maps i have ever used, they update on a daily basis if you contribute data, if not you can search for a lot of info on different providers check it out.

BiggA

EARTH
reply to ArizonaSteve

The crayoned pink is data, which means GPRS, OR EDGE OR HSPA+.

You have to zoom way in to see what is GPRS/EDGE and what is HSPA+.

JakCrow

join:2001-12-06
Palo Alto, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to ArizonaSteve

said by ArizonaSteve:

T-Mobile "4G" phones can't get 3G and there's no "4G" available hardly anywhere so my phone only gets Edge now they are coming out with LTE that I won't be able to get either? I hope someone starts a class action suit because of this scam. This has got to be one of the biggest consumer fraud cases of 2012!

Both tmo's 4g and 3g are on the same band, so without proof to back up your claim, I call BS.

compton

join:2002-02-08
Brooklyn, NY
reply to BiggA

said by BiggA:

It's there, they just have crappy coverage. You should have checked their shamefully puny coverage map before you bought their service. It has nothing to do with fraud, only your stupidity to not check the coverage before buying.

Is it only me or do you guys also get the feeling that BiggA was a former Tmobile customer who got the boot and is now acting like a spurn school girl.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
reply to JakCrow

My friends g2x 4g phone shows 2g while standing next to his wifes mytouch 3g that is on 3g in a 3g only area. What hes saying is absolutely true.

mgamer20o0

join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA
reply to ArizonaSteve

said by ArizonaSteve:

ptrowski, there's zero coverage in Scottsdale and it doesn't work even in downtown Phoenix either so it's not my area, just fraud by T-Mobile. There is good 3G coverage everywhere here but the stupid new "4G" phones can't get 3G so nothing works unless you are on wi-fi. I heard about a year or so ago that they were going to upgrade to "4G" but I guess they never did it because of the threat to buy them by AT&T.

maybe its your phone. Just spend a few weeks in AJ and had HSPA working on my phone. The whole time i was there it was showing what they call 4g. All round AJ and mesa never had a slow down.

tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Speakeasy
reply to ArizonaSteve

When I first signed up my new prepaid "samsung exhibit II 4g" didn't have any 4g/2g data access in my house.. I had to call up t-mobile tech support, they informed me to

Go into "settings" app.. select "Mobile networks"..

Make sure "Use packet data" and "Data Roaming" have green checkmarks.

Under "Access point names".. make sure its epc.tmobile.com

Under Network mode.. GSM/WCDMA (auto mode) should have a green dot..

good luck.

BiggA

EARTH
reply to compton

No. I've been a Cingular/AT&T Mobility customer all along.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to ArizonaSteve

said by ArizonaSteve:

WAAAAAAAA. Geez, dude. So let me ask you, if you buy a gas stove, but your house doesn't have gas hookups, do you then whine and bitch about the manufacturer of the stove? I think you probably would. You had at least 15 days, if not a whole 30 days, to return your phone and get a full refund and cancellation of service. You didn't do that. Instead, you whine and bitch on every thread about T-Mobile not having service.

Well, guess what? I've been with T-Mobile for over 8 years. I get EXCELLENT service and I get it every where I travel. Of course, I don't travel to Bumf**k Arizona. Maybe if I did travel to Bumf**k Arizona, or god forbid, I lived there, then I'd probably go get service with some other carrier that I know provides better service in that area. See how that works?

For god's sake, suck it up and go get another phone from somebody else already.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to compton

said by compton:

Is it only me or do you guys also get the feeling that BiggA was a former Tmobile customer who got the boot and is now acting like a spurn school girl.

It's worse, a 20-something who has never paid a cell bill in his life, living in his Mom's basement.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

JakCrow

Palo Alto, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to bobjohnson

said by bobjohnson:

My friends g2x 4g phone shows 2g while standing next to his wifes mytouch 3g that is on 3g in a 3g only area. What hes saying is absolutely true.

Meanwhile, my galaxy s2 is just fine in the same conditions. Please don't use anecdotes as "proof" or "fraud".

BiggA

EARTH
reply to fuziwuzi

Translated into normal people language: T-Mobile doesn't have any 4G coverage except in urban areas, unlike Verizon who is building 4G coverage out over the entire land area of their network, and with real 4G LTE, not fake 4G HSPA+.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..
reply to JakCrow

said by JakCrow:

said by bobjohnson:

Meanwhile, my galaxy s2 is just fine in the same conditions. Please donhI't use anecdotes as "proof" or "fraud".

I'm not using that example as proof of fraud because none of it is fraud. Tmobile and everyone else says "Coverage and speeds not available everywhere." But for everyone to say that this person does not have this issue because they dont and 1 of the only 2 people I know that has t-mo has this same issue it is safe to say that the OP has a plausible story.
--

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
Saint Louis, MO

Plausible, sure. Lots of things are plausible. Based upon his description though, he should be mad at himself for not checking the coverage map more closely, or he has a faulty phone.

BiggA

EARTH

Exactly. Their coverage sucks, it's pretty well known.

JakCrow

Palo Alto, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to bobjohnson

said by bobjohnson:

I'm not using that example as proof of fraud because none of it is fraud. Tmobile and everyone else says "Coverage and speeds not available everywhere." But for everyone to say that this person does not have this issue because they dont and 1 of the only 2 people I know that has t-mo has this same issue it is safe to say that the OP has a plausible story.

It's all well and fine he might not have coverage in a certain area, but his claim that tmo's 4G phones don't work on tmo's 3G network, which operate on the same technology and frequency, is just plain wrong.

JakCrow

Palo Alto, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to BiggA

said by BiggA:

Translated into normal people language: T-Mobile doesn't have any 4G coverage except in urban areas, unlike Verizon who is building 4G coverage out over the entire land area of their network, and with real 4G LTE, not fake 4G HSPA+.

I get 13-20Mbps on that "fake 4G HSPA+". Let us know when we're supposed to hate that.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
Saint Louis, MO

you don't have BiggA on ignore yet? c'mon man!

BiggA

EARTH
reply to JakCrow

@JakCrow: That's what happens when 4G LTE wakes up in the morning and hasn't gotten coffee yet.

@tiger72: The truth hurts T-Mo, doesn't it?

PhoenixAZ
Get A Mac
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Phoenix, AZ
reply to fuziwuzi

said by fuziwuzi:

said by compton:

It's worse, a 20-something who has never paid a cell bill in his life, living in his Mom's basement.

Most houses in Arizona don't have basements

BiggA

EARTH

Clearly I live in Arizona?!?!? How about CT?

I'm about to buy property, and depending how much OT I do, I'm likely around the 94th percentile for income, so clearly, yes, I am a nobody.