joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to amarryat

to amarryat

Re: "A Revolution is Coming" commercial

said by amarryat:

said by joe01880:

I read someplace, Endgadget perhaps or CNET about Verizon and AT&T restructuring their wireless plans to include unlimited family plans that would include LTE usage for your home as well as your cell phone, maybe that is going to extend in to TV as well and that is what they are pointing at in the commercial.

Unlimited would be great, but they're not doing that. You'll be able to share your data among devices that are on your plan. But it's going to be VERY expensive. The first option, 1GB, is going to cost $50/month. What is that, probably half a movie on Netflix on an iPad or phone?

Not the same article i saw but one like it; »telecomlead.com/inner-pa ··· Provider makes mention of unlimited voice and messaging and is also speaking of sharing usage amoung devices as you pointed out. The first one i read I thought it said something about it being $90 per month but that may have been for business. I wish i could remember where i saw it, getting old sucks at times.
As for sharing usage cant that be accoplmished now using your smart phone as a hotspot? I dont know if VZ does that, i use Sprint.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat

said by joe01880:

Not the same article i saw but one like it; »telecomlead.com/inner-pa ··· Provider makes mention of unlimited voice and messaging and is also speaking of sharing usage amoung devices as you pointed out. The first one i read I thought it said something about it being $90 per month but that may have been for business. I wish i could remember where i saw it, getting old sucks at times.
As for sharing usage cant that be accoplmished now using your smart phone as a hotspot? I dont know if VZ does that, i use Sprint.

Currently you have to pay extra to use your phone as a hotspot. With the new plan you won't, however at $50 for 1GB, or $100 for 10GB, you'll be breaking the bank if you do that on Verizon. And each smartphone will cost $40/month before the data that you MUST buy. So for one person using a smartphone and only 1GB data per month, it will be $90. And yes, it will be unlimited voice and text messages. I think that the unlimited minutes sounds good but doesn't impact many people - we have the 1400 minute plan with 4 lines and never come close to using all of them.