Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

2 recommendations

reply to Voxxjin

Re: Falling Skies Returns Sunday

Just saw the latest episode (from Sunday). Human stupidity ruled this episode. No one seems overly cautious with karen even after Ben says she still has contact with the aliens. Maggie goes in the cell with her---alone. Ben decides to run off with karen. Few people seem to think that it really odd that karen is found 'alive' and so far from boston. Not to mention, they are/were down to almost nothing for fuel.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
reply to Voxxjin
Oh that certainly took the cake. I would have had three guards minimum posted on that cell and no one would be taking leave just because someone came in and said so.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

Best not to look too deep.

That's probably the best way to watch Falling Skies.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Voxxjin
Agreed. I found myself muttering to the TV.. "No you stupid ducks".

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Yeah. I have to bite my tongue or I'd be muttering through most of the 42 minutes.

Brightly lit hospital building.... powered by diesel generators... grrrr

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Voxxjin
It's a very believable story.....when your drunk!

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
reply to Voxxjin
I know it's a show, but when they themselves say "we shouldn't do this or that" and then they do it. It get's old fast. Then the two guns coming out at once by Sarah's Character, ( roll eyes) when confronting Karen.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by Warzau:

I know it's a show, but when they themselves say "we shouldn't do this or that" and then they do it. It get's old fast. Then the two guns coming out at once by Sarah's Character, ( roll eyes) when confronting Karen.

Why she even went into the room is a mystery. She could have accomplished questioning from outside the room. Two guns was over the top unbelievable like Sara Croft movie. The more we get into the series the more they are losing me. Lucky for them there's no football yet to fill that slot with.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Wily_One
said by Wily_One:

Brightly lit hospital building.... powered by diesel generators... grrrr

Yeah I keep thinking they would close the blinds/paint the windows or something to prevent light from leaking out. I would think lights would attract the attention of the aliens. Same thing with the cars at night. I would have at least thought they would partially cover up the headlights.
--

Stix

join:2010-01-08
Philadelphia, PA
reply to Voxxjin
Forget the fires and lights, their teeth are bright enough to be spotted from space.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

Funny you say that. I forget which scene it was but I did notice the abnormally white teeth as well. While they have trouble finding medical supplies and fuel, they must have found a lifetime supply of Crest.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Wily_One:

Funny you say that. I forget which scene it was but I did notice the abnormally white teeth as well. While they have trouble finding medical supplies and fuel, they must have found a lifetime supply of Crest.

I wouldn't read much into white teeth. If they were white before this happened they need YEARS to start looking bad again. With no coffee, cigarettes, or other things that typically stain teeth they should stay white even longer! In the old days people swished their own urine to whiten their teeth. Crazy stuff!

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL

1 recommendation

reply to Wily_One
LOL my wife commented, for a society that has fallen apart, they looked well fed as well as one of the beserkers still being a fatty.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Warzau:

LOL my wife commented, for a society that has fallen apart, they looked well fed as well as one of the beserkers still being a fatty.

Yea they seem well feed and well ammo'ed. You'd think they would be rationing weapons but they use them non-stop as if they had unlimited ammo.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Voxxjin
Another Ehh episode. Ben gets duped, who didn't see this coming even after he said it himself. Also if he could read the fish heads mind ( two way street) couldn't he know Karen's true intentions?

Also the inclusion of cockroaches?! Oh boy...

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
As I said earlier, I knew it was a trap. Things were too convienent with karen.

I am kinda surprised when the guy that was captured was struggling to make it back to the defensive line, no one even tried to give him any kind of cover fire even when they knew the mech was shooting at him. If I couldn't damage the mech I probably would have at least shot Karen

Also am surprised that the one mechanic dude died

As for reading her mind, I am guessing he couldn't because they were not 'connected'. Whereas the fishhead and him were 'connected'.
--

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit
reply to Voxxjin
I'm astounded, given the expense ($4 million edit: $3 million per episode) and low overall quality of this program, that it has been renewed for a 3rd season. It simply has not been earned, given that its writers are seemingly using TVTropes.org as a writer's guide. The actors really seem like they're showing up purely for the paychecks, and are just bored shitless, waiting for roles on better programs to open up.

The only character I really liked was strangely enough, Jimmy, and they killed his ass. They killed another fellow in S02e07, but he was so poorly developed that I can't be bothered to remember his name or even care. He's better off as spider chow.

Edit: in doing more research, the $4 mil per episode figure seems to be wrong. The numbers I've read recently point to $2.5-$3 million per episode as a best guess. Still far too expensive for what we're getting so far, IMO.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Voxxjin

After seeing the dude have bugs crawl out of his mouth in the basement, I thought the guys on the line would have been smart to shoot their buddy in the head. At least they [the writers] kept that "true". The guys on the line had no idea at that time about the "spiders" being able to infect a host.

The show feels like it's "speeding up". That maybe the writers and production team have an end date in mind, and want to complete the show.
So season 3 could be the last season of it.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Kosh
said by Kosh:

I'm astounded, given the expense ($4 million per episode) and low overall quality of this program, that it has been renewed for a 3rd season. It simply has not been earned, given that its writers are seemingly using TVTropes.org as a writer's guide. The actors really seem like they're showing up purely for the paychecks, and are just bored shitless, waiting for roles on better programs to open up.

They should have cancelled Fallen Skies and instead picked up Eureka since it's a blockbuster on ratings. The cost was cheaper too at like 2.5-3 million an episode it was canned. In the 18-49 demographic Falling Skies is only at 1.9 million viewers overall and 2.6 million for the season premiere while Eureka was at 3.2 million overall.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
Wait,….what just happened!?!

Did I just click on a Eureka thread,……

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Voxxjin
Im caught up on season 2, which is much better than season 1

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
reply to Voxxjin
Was there no new episode last Sunday? My TiVO didn't record anything...

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
Same here my Xfinity DVR had nothing as well.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Rob
said by Rob:

Was there no new episode last Sunday? My TiVO didn't record anything...

There was no episode last Sunday. I am not sure why they skipped that week but no show. I check the air date schedule and the next episode is scheduled for this Sunday.
--

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Voxxjin
Am i the only one who thinks this show has horrible actors?
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
Nope, their acting is kinda dry.

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Alcohol
The performances are definitely "off" in some way. It's hard for me to determine if it's the actors performing badly, or the directors not making good use of the actors' abilities.

I think Will Patton (Cap'n Weaver) is the best character who's still alive, most of the others are just better off as alien chow.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Voxxjin
Personally I'd like to see the entire current cast get close to Charleston and meet up with a Charleston scout who goes back to Charleston with the news that they are on their way. The catch is they never make it because they all DIE! Wipe the entire current cast out of existence then pick up the show with an all new cast at Charleston. That would buy another season since it would be like a new show.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
Lol!

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Draiman
I like Noah Wyle, so I hope he survives.

I wonder if Noah is upset that in ER, he had to report to Dr. Weaver. And now in Falling Skies, he has to report to Captain Weaver. Poor man can't get away from having to report to 'a' Weaver
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us