uniqs
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to hotwasabi

to hotwasabi

Re: [VA] Upstream Channel Bonding! :D

said by hotwasabi:

Hopefully I can get upstream bonding here in the Cleveland area. They just started testing it in a nearby suburb so I hope it won't be long...fingers crossed! I wonder how much faster my upload will get compared to my current speed:

[att=1]

Probably not faster at all. I am surprised your upload is boosting that high, but your area is 8mbps on the upload. Where I am its still 5mbps on ultimate, and when testing on speedtest.net mine jumps to around 3mbps, and slowly climbs to 5mbps, and 99% of time it finished off at 5.5mbps. Cox has ultimate setup where powerboost is a lot more limited. So someone on one of the lower tiers will see higher powerboost, still its all powerboost, and not true speed.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by lilstone87:

said by hotwasabi:

Hopefully I can get upstream bonding here in the Cleveland area. They just started testing it in a nearby suburb so I hope it won't be long...fingers crossed! I wonder how much faster my upload will get compared to my current speed:

[att=1]

Probably not faster at all. I am surprised your upload is boosting that high, but your area is 8mbps on the upload. Where I am its still 5mbps on ultimate, and when testing on speedtest.net mine jumps to around 3mbps, and slowly climbs to 5mbps, and 99% of time it finished off at 5.5mbps. Cox has ultimate setup where powerboost is a lot more limited. So someone on one of the lower tiers will see higher powerboost, still its all powerboost, and not true speed.

give em time. they're clamping down on pb everywhere.
hotwasabi
join:2008-06-15
Westerville, OH

2 edits

hotwasabi

I finally got upstream channel bonding today in the Cleveland area - WOOHOO! Nothing has changed though in regards to the speeds I am getting