spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jofos
join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

jofos

So I'm thinking of coming back

Is it worth it? Been playing SWTOR but I'm just getting tired of Bioware bs. Likely would have never left WOW if it wasn't for pandas. I haven't really looked at all the upcoming changes so I don't know if its going to be better or worse.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl

Premium Member

I came back a few months ago, started a new character, hit 85 geared up in LFR and got bored. I'd wait for pandas and enjoy the summer weather.

Watermasta
@usmc.mil

Watermasta to jofos

Anon

to jofos
Wait for MoP, just like me!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Zyncotl

Premium Member

to Zyncotl
said by Zyncotl:

I came back a few months ago, started a new character, hit 85 geared up in LFR and got bored. I'd wait for pandas and enjoy the summer weather.

Agreed, to the extend that you could potentially have "a lot of work to do" to get geared up, only to have everything change for MoP.

However... if you can come back to the game casually, and join up with RL friends, level up some professions, farm some stuff up for AH in preparation for MoP... could be good.

If you enjoyed playing on your own before, that enjoyment is unchanged. If it was playing with your guild that you liked, make sure you have a guild to play with before coming back.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to jofos

to jofos
Some things look great, some not so much.

Beta is a big mess right now.. hard to say one way or the other based on that. Lots of changes to specs and talents. Bugs and balance issues make it hard to figure out much. Admittedly I have not played beta much though.

I am actually trying to avoid the beta so I have some surprises left lol.

As far as pandas go.. umm.. this is a game with elves and dragons. AKA fantasy land. You have talking bears and walruses. Somehow talking pandas are too much?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to jofos

MVM

to jofos
I think its going to be better.

I came back to the game after a 6 month hiatus and its been a lot of fun. Whats best is I joined up with a friendly guild and we have been doing PvP events exclusively.
shambulance
join:2012-05-11
Shawnee, KS

shambulance to jofos

to jofos
I came back a month ago, after being gone for a year. already seen end game content. now just working on each of my toons and leveling proffesions and having fun in 2 differnt guilds
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

So if I come back should I reroll, I have 6 85s, or what? As for why pandas bother me more than a nightelf turning into a bear; everytime I think about coming back cartoon network is showing kung fu panda.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to jofos

Premium Member

to jofos
I'm still in limbo and I just can't get enthused over Pandas. My wife and daughter are thinking of playing when MoP rolls which might be incentive enough for me to never come back

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra to jofos

Premium Member

to jofos
How long have you been gone? There has been nothing new in a long time. If you didn't do dragon soul sure come check it out - you can probably get a full heroic mode clear before pandas hits. There is a 25% nerf live on normal/heroic modes so it's pretty easy. MoP is looking promising but it's also looking to be a couple months away minimum.
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

I left right about the time firelands came out. As for rerolling vs keeping the same toons the only issue would be professions. Having enchanting jewcrafting, bs, tailoring, alch. all maxedhas its advantages. But a fresh start could be, well refreshing. I'll give some thought over the weenkend and go from there. Thanks for all the replies.

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii to jofos

to jofos
Come back and run the LFR on a couple toons just so you can see the endgame content and cutscenes. It would really only take you 2 hours at the most.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to Watermasta

to Watermasta
So you are def coming back Watermasta?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
i agree i havent played beta much, got to a point to just see what my toons would be for this expac, and havent logged in since, i still have it up to date though incase i see something i want to try out but, not going to max level anything, i would like it to be fresh for when it hits.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

1 edit

Venom14 to jofos

to jofos
while pandas are a distraction... (I watched the end cinematic after the Deathwing fight, had a friend over and was explaining the game during LFR.) I'd like to see how the "AGE OF MORTALS" unfolds, and how we deal with the next Old God. IF they can recreate an Ulduar-esque setting/encounters I'm looking forward to it.

Just because "Broke Back Mountain" is showed on cable doesn't mean I won't watch a "Die Hard" marathon on a different channel.

Beef7
join:2012-05-16

Beef7 to jofos

to jofos
I am thinking of coming back as well. It's been 6 months.

- D3 end game is lacking. Too repetitive, grind elite packs, repeat. The games scope is just too small. Too focused on AH
- Tera would require me to buy a new machine to continue playing it and fully enjoy it
- GW2 is taking forever to release
- Other games are taking forever to release

Is it worth it?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

tbh beef i think it is, forget the pandaren, just the revamping of everything is well worth it

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to jofos

to jofos
Me and the wife have been messing around on Beta. Nothing to write home about yet. She likes the Panda hair thingies they added.....
Watermasta
join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA

Watermasta to Vinceruos_t

to Vinceruos_t
I would really like to. The timing is bad though, because of my separation from the Marine Corps. We'll see.