join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Xcelerate Broadb..
·Windstream
reply to Gbcue

Re: Galaxy S3

said by Gbcue:

The US versions are gimped (less memory), IIRC, or maybe I'm confusing the S3 with the HTC One-series.

Also, needs penta-band HSPA support.

The Intl Ver has a Quad core 1.4ghz with 1 Gig of RAM, the US Version has Dual Core 1.5 with 2gigs of ram.

I have the Intl Version, and love it, But ill love it even more when they get CM9 on it.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 4Gb DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600 (RTM) | Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Looks like CM9 Nightlys are available for the Galaxy S III I9300 (Intl)

This is a good day.

chmod
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL
They just started cm9 nightlies for my device (t-mo gs2 t989) I'm excited. I love me some cm9 goodness.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to Napsterbater
said by Napsterbater:

Looks like CM9 Nightlys are available for the Galaxy S III I9300 (Intl)

This is a good day.

Wish I knew if the VZW SGSIII would get CM9/AOKP...if I knew it would, I'd ditch the Nexus for it in a heart beat.
--
"Women. Can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts." -Norm

steven s
Premium
join:2002-09-14
Dearborn, MI
I'd be shocked if it didn't. What will certainly be one of the most popular Android phones on the most popular network should get AOKP roms pretty soon.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
said by steven s:

I'd be shocked if it didn't. What will certainly be one of the most popular Android phones on the most popular network should get AOKP roms pretty soon.

There are already nightlies for CM9. But I'm talking the verizon sgsIII. The chances are better than some random HTC device on VZW (*cough* Rezound *cough*), but there is still RIL/CDMA/LTE to deal with, and that's all assuming VZW doesn't decide to be assholes and force them to lock the boot loader
--
"Women. Can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts." -Norm

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
even if the boot loader is locked it won't last forever. some dev will eventually crack it.