« Never understood this+1 »
This is a sub-selection from News?
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to The Limit

to The Limit

Re: News?

And yes I read my TOS it is printed on the back of the HSI work order from the cable company that you must read and sign before the modem is even plugged in. Sorry. Yes I did read it, I read my TOS/AUP with Clear, TWC NEO/WPA and WOW. When I had them. Including ATT's IP DSL TOS/AUP when I had them for a short time. I read what I agree to, just like everyone else. And you claiming that I don't you don't know what I do.

But these people flat out do NOT read it. It is NOT the company's fault they did NOT read it. And if they did they would know that they can enforce the cap when they wish. And they wish. If they do not agree then they are free to leave Mediacom or any other ISP and change to another provider.

And the average consumer it is still their fault for not reading. I don't have to look through their eyes. It's time to stop babying them, and hold them accountable for what they chose not to do. It's like getting a credit card, maxing it out, and then telling Capital One that you're not paying the interest because you didn't read the TOS/AUP/Contract. And the card holder should be left off the hook. I call BS. Make them accountable for what they did and this country would be better off and wouldn't have some of the stupid laws it has now.

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

If you have claimed to read it, then how can you agree with half of the statements in there?! There's no way some of that stuff even holds up in court!

It has nothing to do with babying the customer, it has to do with TRANSPARENCY. And I can't even believe that you aren't for this!
The Limit

The Limit to 25139889

Premium Member

to 25139889
And besides, the interest rate on a credit card is completely null and void here, that is advertised out front where everyone can see. These caps AREN'T.
The Limit

The Limit to 25139889

Premium Member

to 25139889
And why can't companies be liable for selectively enforcing their own TOS? We should be walked on, by them? Is that what you are saying we should do? Lie down? When we have no other option? Most of us don't have another option. Let me guess, we should move instead, when in reality some of us can't even afford to do this.

But wait a second, when we actually want to do something about this, what happens. Here come the providers, wanting to block any attempt to make things better. I know from experience from where I am from. And I've seen enough stories here to confirm it.

CAIOWA
@ecatel.net

CAIOWA to 25139889

Anon

to 25139889
You seem to be arguing toward those who, apparently, signed up for the service with the bandwidth cap outlined in the ToU. That's just one aspect.

I signed up before Mediacom had the bandwidth cap in their ToU. There are years worth of customers, like myself, that Mediacom had before they silently updated their ToU to include that bandwidth restriction.

Guess what? I found out through the Mediacom forums on this website when it was posted in the forums. Even Mediacom's official representatives on this website couldn't provide an exact date as to when the ToU was updated to include that bandwidth cap.

You argue that customers should know the ToU, but the company can't even officially state when they updated that ToU to slide in that bandwidth cap.

So, you could argue that every time you use a service, you need to read the ToU for any silent changes. How often do I need to read Mediacom's ToU for changes? Every day, every hour? Practical?

Aside from all this, if Mediacom wants to enforce their bandwidth cap that they silently installed in their ToU, Mediacom needs to provide some reasonable ways for customers to monitor their usage. If Comcast can do it, Mediacom can as well. If Verizon wireless can do it, Mediacom can as well.

If you were a Mediacom customer, you'd know that Mediacom is behind in the times and this inability for customers to monitor their own usage, like Comcast customers can, is par for the course for this MSO.
said by 25139889:

And yes I read my TOS it is printed on the back of the HSI work order from the cable company that you must read and sign before the modem is even plugged in. Sorry. Yes I did read it, I read my TOS/AUP with Clear, TWC NEO/WPA and WOW. When I had them. Including ATT's IP DSL TOS/AUP when I had them for a short time. I read what I agree to, just like everyone else. And you claiming that I don't you don't know what I do.

But these people flat out do NOT read it. It is NOT the company's fault they did NOT read it. And if they did they would know that they can enforce the cap when they wish. And they wish. If they do not agree then they are free to leave Mediacom or any other ISP and change to another provider.

And the average consumer it is still their fault for not reading. I don't have to look through their eyes. It's time to stop babying them, and hold them accountable for what they chose not to do. It's like getting a credit card, maxing it out, and then telling Capital One that you're not paying the interest because you didn't read the TOS/AUP/Contract. And the card holder should be left off the hook. I call BS. Make them accountable for what they did and this country would be better off and wouldn't have some of the stupid laws it has now.

« Never understood this+1 »
This is a sub-selection from News?