« Never understood this+1 »
This is a sub-selection from News?
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to CAIOWA

to CAIOWA

Re: News?

Your Cellco usage also is not 100% accurate as a utlity. Guess what Cell phones are not regulated like a utlity. They can claim you used 5gigs over your monthly usage allowment and won't have to prove it and still can charge you.

And Mediacom can tell you to have your own.

And a 250gig cap? T's is only 150gigs on average.

CAIOWA
@ecatel.net

CAIOWA

Anon

said by 25139889:

Your Cellco usage also is not 100% accurate as a utlity.

You mean utility? And I didn't explicitly say my "cellco" was a utility.
said by 25139889:

Guess what Cell phones are not regulated like a utlity. They can claim you used 5gigs over your monthly usage allowment and won't have to prove it and still can charge you.

Again, it's utility. Not hard to spell. Secondly, your argument is irrelevant here.
said by 25139889:

And a 250gig cap? T's is only 150gigs on average.

Again, irrelevant. Mediacom is a cable MSO. Mediacom jumped on Comcast's 250GB bandwidth cap a few years ago. While Comcast has increased their bandwidth cap, Mediacom hasn't.

If you were a Mediacom customer, you'd know they generally offer yesterday's service as today's prices.

But this is all aside my main issue. If I can log into my Verizon Wireless, a non "utlity", why can't Mediacom offer the same if they're going to hold customers accountable to their usage?

By the way, I signed up before Mediacom had soft cap in their ToU. So your argument that I signed up knowing the ToU doesn't apply to the years worth of customers Mediacom had before they silently updated their ToU.

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

The Limit to 25139889

Premium Member

to 25139889
They can? But when they move to overages, I guess whenever they tell you that you went over, but your meter says you didn't, that's totally ok for them to bill you and cut off your service if you are in disagreement I assume.

If these providers want to bill for overages, then it's time that they be regulated like utilities. I am ALL for overages if that occurs, not this "oh, well let's bill like a utility, but not be regulated like one" mess.
« Never understood this+1 »
This is a sub-selection from News?