davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Shadowdane

Premium Member

to Shadowdane

Re: [VA] Upstream Channel Bonding! :D

What tier do you have? I am guessing Ultimate 50. 5ms latency is nice.

VBCox
@cox.net

VBCox

Anon

In Va Beach with 4 upstream bonding on Preferred

Shadowdane
join:2000-11-02
Fairfax, VA

Shadowdane to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
said by davidhoffman:

I have the Premier 25/3 plan here, but with speedboost I saw speeds peak at 120/40.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I have an appointment in August to update, add software, and hardware on a family's internet and network setup who are Cox subscribers. I will definitely be recommending a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem. The kids would love the speed increase and the parents will love that it would cost no more per month than they spend now. Between the awful marketing and high cost, I doubt Cox of Middle Georgia is getting many 50/5 Ultimate orders. To get the much higher speeds, at Preferred or Premier rates, for the price of a modem, seems a better value.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to Shadowdane

to Shadowdane
said by Shadowdane:

said by davidhoffman:

I have the Premier 25/3 plan here, but with speedboost I saw speeds peak at 120/40.

I already knew you wasn't on Ultimate, because I know for a fact you wouldn't see that high of powerboost on upload with ultimate in our area. That's when testing on speedtest.net, I have seen a bit more powerboost on ultimate on upload, when testing on a couple other sites.
lilstone87

lilstone87 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
said by davidhoffman:

I have an appointment in August to update, add software, and hardware on a family's internet and network setup who are Cox subscribers. I will definitely be recommending a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem. The kids would love the speed increase and the parents will love that it would cost no more per month than they spend now. Between the awful marketing and high cost, I doubt Cox of Middle Georgia is getting many 50/5 Ultimate orders. To get the much higher speeds, at Preferred or Premier rates, for the price of a modem, seems a better value.

Well everybody still has to understand, both Preferred, and Premier are packed with powerboost in some area's still. These speedtest results are not what your actaully getting in terms of speed. Only for maybe the first 20Megabytes of a file download, then your back to what you pay for. So your not getting ultimate speeds for the price of a lower tier with a D3 modem. Your simply getting a better, more reliable connection with a D3 modem.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Good enough of a benefit.