dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from It's a SCAM!

JakCrow
join:2001-12-06
Palo Alto, CA

JakCrow to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve

Re: It's a SCAM!

said by ArizonaSteve:

T-Mobile "4G" phones can't get 3G and there's no "4G" available hardly anywhere so my phone only gets Edge now they are coming out with LTE that I won't be able to get either? I hope someone starts a class action suit because of this scam. This has got to be one of the biggest consumer fraud cases of 2012!

Both tmo's 4g and 3g are on the same band, so without proof to back up your claim, I call BS.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

My friends g2x 4g phone shows 2g while standing next to his wifes mytouch 3g that is on 3g in a 3g only area. What hes saying is absolutely true.

JakCrow
Palo Alto, CA

JakCrow

said by bobjohnson:

My friends g2x 4g phone shows 2g while standing next to his wifes mytouch 3g that is on 3g in a 3g only area. What hes saying is absolutely true.

Meanwhile, my galaxy s2 is just fine in the same conditions. Please don't use anecdotes as "proof" or "fraud".

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

said by JakCrow:

said by bobjohnson:

Meanwhile, my galaxy s2 is just fine in the same conditions. Please donhI't use anecdotes as "proof" or "fraud".

I'm not using that example as proof of fraud because none of it is fraud. Tmobile and everyone else says "Coverage and speeds not available everywhere." But for everyone to say that this person does not have this issue because they dont and 1 of the only 2 people I know that has t-mo has this same issue it is safe to say that the OP has a plausible story.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

Plausible, sure. Lots of things are plausible. Based upon his description though, he should be mad at himself for not checking the coverage map more closely, or he has a faulty phone.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Exactly. Their coverage sucks, it's pretty well known.

JakCrow
Palo Alto, CA

JakCrow to bobjohnson

to bobjohnson
said by bobjohnson:

I'm not using that example as proof of fraud because none of it is fraud. Tmobile and everyone else says "Coverage and speeds not available everywhere." But for everyone to say that this person does not have this issue because they dont and 1 of the only 2 people I know that has t-mo has this same issue it is safe to say that the OP has a plausible story.

It's all well and fine he might not have coverage in a certain area, but his claim that tmo's 4G phones don't work on tmo's 3G network, which operate on the same technology and frequency, is just plain wrong.
This is a sub-selection from It's a SCAM!