spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hotch

join:2012-06-12

[Snow] Outlook for Mac 2011

I just successfully configured four pop accounts to be able to manually send or receive mail.

What I can't seem to find is where I can tell Outlook to automatically check mail every 5 minutes or whatever time I want it to do that automatically.

Thanks to all.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
said by Microsoft Answers :

For POP accounts you can go to Outlook menu --> Preferences... --> Schedules and edit the Send & Receive All schedule, which is to check every 10 minutes.

I don't suggest lowering this from 10 minutes since many services providers limit your number of connections per hour. The POP protocol was not intended to be an immediate delivery service.

If you're using IMAP accounts then go to Outlook menu --> Preferences... --> Accounts and select your IMAP account. Click the Advanced... button and select the Use IMAP IDLE option. If your IMAP account supports IDLE then you will receive mail as soon as it arrives at your server.

Exchange accounts will check mail once per minute. This schedule cannot be changed.

Hope this helps!

--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

Hotch

join:2012-06-12
Thanks. I'm actually using the Outlook, monster that it is for my pop IPS throw away or "business" accounts. I use other mail services for the personal my eyes only stuff.