Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to mand

Re: [Homephone] Bell raised residential rates again (June 2012)

said by mand:

What are the advantages of this "Grandfathered unlimited plan" ?

It's old ADSL 6Mb/800Kb but it is the only way to get truly unlimited internet from Bell. However from recent biannual price increases it's about $80/month including taxes now.

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
said by decx:

said by mand:

It's old ADSL 6Mb/800Kb but it is the only way to get truly unlimited internet from Bell. However from recent biannual price increases it's about $80/month including taxes now.

And has not been offered for several years. I'm on it and pay $80.11 a month.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

mand

join:2011-08-13
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
said by mr weather:

said by decx:

said by mand:

And has not been offered for several years. I'm on it and pay $80.11 a month.

Ok, thank you. As I understand the op has BIG DSL bandwith usage and he really can't lower that usage ? How much bandwith you need ?

What is your home phone service plan and your usage ? How much $ ? International calls or only local ? etc.
--
man-d

activoice

join:2008-02-10
York, ON
My average usage in the last 3 months is 400gb, so if I were to leave Bell I would need to go with one of the unlimited offerings. I also work from home regularly, so I don't feel that I can trust that to a VOIP service, so I prefer to use a traditional land line.

Ideally I would like to try out Teksavvy's Cable 18 Unlimited, see how I like that and if it works well then cancel out the unlimited plan I've got with Bell... and because it's cable I can have both running concurrently.

Unfortunately there has been a stop sell on Teksavvy Cable out of the Scarlett Rd POI for a while now... waiting for an upgrade I guess..

mand

join:2011-08-13
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
said by activoice:

My average usage in the last 3 months is 400gb, so if I were to leave Bell I would need to go with one of the unlimited offerings.

My first action was to call Bell with very clear target and of course knowing what other ISP offer. Bell don't want to loose customers but they can't give you all. Try and then you will know. It's easier to make decisions when you know.

said by activoice:

I also work from home regularly, so I don't feel that I can trust that to a VOIP service, so I prefer to use a traditional land line.

For me voip works very well but we don't have the same internet and phone user profile. And we don't live in the same area.

said by activoice:

Ideally I would like to try out Teksavvy's Cable 18 Unlimited, see how I like that and if it works well then cancel out the unlimited plan I've got with Bell... and because it's cable I can have both running concurrently.

That is great for testing the service but will have it's price too.

said by activoice:

Unfortunately there has been a stop sell on Teksavvy Cable out of the Scarlett Rd POI for a while now... waiting for an upgrade I guess..

Here's the Bell forum maybe would you read the canadian broadband forum at dslreports ?

Hope it helps a little.
Good luck.
--
man-d

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
Does this price increase affect everyone? I'm in Toronto and didn't see any notices on my June bill. If it goes up again, the pricing will put it on par with many other competitors, thus making it very attractive to switch. The only reason, I've stayed with Bell for so long is because I'm on an old home phone plan that is cheaper then most POTS resellers and competitors in my area.