spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blaqueknite

join:2005-11-08
reply to Eddy120876

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

There really isn't much to report the work in the Bronx has slowed a little. New jobs are supposed to come in it will probably take a couple a months to see the results of this. There is a big push for Fios in Brooklyn since they are behind in their program. I and other techs from the Bronx have been working regularly in Brooklyn. Many of the Brooklyn projects are getting Fios. About a month ago I worked on the backbone for Coop City. The backbone is the main feed cable that runs underground. Still no agreement with Coop City for Fios, but with the backbone in things can move quickly if permission is granted.

clrana9017

join:2009-05-12
Any news about Flatbush/Prospect Lefferts Gardens 11225? We were wired, but we only have one FDH on the end of the block and it only has five ports nor are we lit/provisioned in the system to have FiOS.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
I feel bad for BK they always get the shaft when it comes to new stuff and yet BK is one of the oldest boroughs.

blaqueknite

I can't tell you about Lefferts Gardens siThe Pinlnce I didn't work on it. I worked the Fios jobs at Bayview and Breuklen Houses. The Pink Houses will be next sometime in July.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Hey Blaqueknite

man i wish i had somebody in VZ that could tell me how long it would take for the folk in my are to receive the fiber goodness

blaqueknite

It's hard to speak on any particular area do you know what CO you get service from?

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Hey BlaqueKnite

well the Co close to me if im not wrong is the one by Lehman college since im right by webster and Fordham road

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite
said by blaqueknite:

It's hard to speak on any particular area do you know what CO you get service from?

The CO Eddy's referring to is on Tiebout Avenue and East 18th Street. I was told by a technician last year that the wiring for Fios began before the strike and he was sure it was completed after it ended. Can you confirm this as this is the CO that services Fordham, Kingsbridge, and Bedford Park?
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

blaqueknite

Yes all the areas you mentioned are served by Tiebout and Fios service is available out of Tiebout now. All thats left is for a landlord to allow it into a building.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Now BlaqueKnite

Thats the problem allowing into my building since i don't know how my scumlord will react. Also i was talking to VZ about a payment I made and the person on the other end of the line kept saying that the static on my end was horrible when i was silent. So he told me i should have it check out once Fios arrives.

@ddg4005

Thanks for the clarification bud. Also had you spoke to that same tech after the strike?