Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to owlyn

Re: [IPv6] IPv6 not implemented in my area yet?

Click for full size
Ok, thanks for your help!
I've found the area I *think* I need to fill out ... but I have no clue what needs to be in the fields.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:3
I think you need to change IPv6 Automatic to Enabled.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
Parsonsburg, MD
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
said by graysonf:

I think you need to change IPv6 Automatic to Enabled.

Yeah ... that's what it was set on originally when I first posted and the resulting attached image.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

If IPv6 via DHCP6 is not enabled in you area yet, then setting this to Automatic will not work until it is enabled for your area. No harm in leaving it set this way for now - someday it will just start working.

But if you do want IPv6 now, and then it will have to be either 6to4 with Comcast, if you can get configured that way and that is enabled in your area, or via a third party tunnel broker if you can configure for that.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
Parsonsburg, MD
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
said by graysonf:

If IPv6 via DHCP6 is not enabled in you area yet, then setting this to Automatic will not work until it is enabled for your area. No harm in leaving it set this way for now - someday it will just start working.

Ahhh ... I'm suspecting that is the problem, hence the original subject for my post. I live in a small rural area and we normally get new Comcast speed, firmware etc on the tail-end of implementation.

said by graysonf:

But if you do want IPv6 now, and then it will have to be either 6to4 with Comcast, if you can get configured that way and that is enabled in your area, or via a third party tunnel broker if you can configure for that.

Thanks for your comments, but it's not so important right now to me to go that route ... I'll just wait for Comcast.

However, if any Comcast CSR reading this can confirm my suspicions that IPv6 is not currently implemented in my area, I would appreciate it.
Salisbury, Maryland 21801
Parsonsburg, MD 21849

graysonf
Premium,MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Don't feel left out. I am in a major metro area and IPv6 via DHCPv6 is not here yet either.

I can get 6to4 to work though. And I have used a tunnel broker in the past, before I moved to Comcast.