Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

[NBA] Spurs PG Tony Parker hurt in Drake-Brown brawl

quote:
San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker says he suffered a scratched retina on one of his eyes during a New York City nightclub brawl involving singer Chris Brown and members of hip-hop star Drake's entourage.

Parker, wearing dark sunglasses, described the incident Friday in Paris during a news conference posted on YouTube. He said he expects to be sidelined for about a week while the French team prepares for the Summer Olympics.

Parker said he was wearing a "therapeutic" contact lens and had to go to an emergency room for treatment after arriving in Paris.

Parker said: "I was with my friend Chris Brown and me and my friends took some punches, so I'll be missing the start of the French team because I can't do anything for a week except keep the lens in and then take drops."
Police said Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among several people injured during the bottle-hurling fight early Thursday at W.i.P in SoHo.

Parker said "they started throwing bottles everywhere. I don't know what happened. At first it was OK, but then it started getting worse and when the plane landed it was really hurting so I went straight to the ER."

The Spurs declined comment.

»www.google.com/hostednew ··· 382d43f6

My wishes to him for a speedy recovery. He picked a bad time to be hanging around Chris Brown.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

What's with these Sports figures. Can't they stay out of trouble.

Jury orders 'Pacman' Jones to pay $11 million

Read more: »sportsillustrated.cnn.co ··· xyc0IjCv

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

to KeepOnRockin
He deserves it for hanging around with Chris Brown

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

to KeepOnRockin
said by KeepOnRockin:

He picked a bad time to be hanging around Chris Brown.

Is there ever a good time? Pick your friends better Tony!

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin

Premium Member

said by »www.foxnews.com/entertai ··· yY8FkznK :
NBA star Tony Parker suing NYC club over injuries sustained during Chris Brown and Drake brawl, report says

This was not the kind of bottle service NBA star Tony Parker had in mind.

The San Antonio Spurs guard -- injured in the Chris Brown-Drake melee at a New York City nightclub -- filed a $20 million lawsuit against its owners Thursday, saying they should have known better than to let the Rihanna love rivals in at the same time.

In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Parker holds W.i.P.'s owners responsible for the "corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries" he suffered in the bottle-throwing brawl at the now-shuttered Vandam Street club.

His lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, said the extent of Parker's wounds are not yet known but noted eye injuries "certainly don't improve your outside shot."
The suit does not name Brown or Drake, who have both dated Rihanna, as defendants but blames the club for creating the combustible combination.

"The defendants were reckless, careless and negligent in permitting Drake's entourage and Brown's entourage to be in the club at the same time despite known tension between the two," the filing says.

"She's been known, like Helen of Troy, to cause trouble," Jaroslawicz said of Rihanna.

Sources said Drake, 25, sent Brown into a rage when his table sent over note that read, "I am f------- the love of your life." Brown had just bought the hip-hop star a pricey bottle of champagne, sources said. Drake's camp maintains the fight was instigated by a member of Brown's crew.

Jaroslawicz said it was the club's fault.

By selling both camps booze and giving them bottle service, "you're throwing gasoline on the flames," Jaroslawicz said. He said he had yet to see their bar tab, "but it's probably more than kids' tuition for the year."

The suit says Parker, ex-husband of actress Eva Longoria, was not sitting with either camp. But he has said he was "with my friend Chris Brown" when the problems started. "Me and my friends took some punches," Parker said. "They started throwing bottles everywhere," he said.

Parker, slated to play with the French team at the London Olympics, said he will be sidelined for a week as he heals with the aid of a "therapeutic" contact lens.

A representative for the club declined to comment.

I believe Tony's big mistake was being in the same room as Chris Brown.