spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jdrail
join:2012-06-16
Toronto, ON

jdrail

If you're considering them for cable STAY AWAY

Worst internet service provider I have ever dealt with. For the last two months we've been experiencing repeated disconnects - sometimes every 5 minutes. Our service is down roughly 75% of the time.

Went through troubleshooting with their support staff. Staff were friendly and courteous but no problems were found. They even sent Rogers in to check the signal. No problems found.

Last call we were told it could be the modem. They had recently sent us an upgraded modem. There was no improvement so they suggested a different brand.

We were told the modem would be sent in three days and we would be issued a tracking number. At the time I asked about returning the other modems and they told us we could bring them into their shop when the new modem arrived.

To make a long story short, they never sent out the new modem. When I called back, after NOT receiving a tracking number, I was told the new modem would go out until the other two were returned. Of course we had to call to find this out. No one actually deigned to let us know.

Our problem is still unresolved - going on two months.

It it now mid afternoon. I have reset the modem 11 times since this morning. It disconnected twice during the course of writing this post. And it took 20 minutes for me to stay online long enough to submit it.

DON'T GO NEAR THEM. You will live to regret it. They are completely incapable of supporting their service.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Acanac inc

erasing this as for some reason it posted twice.
Lynn0

Lynn0 to jdrail

Premium Member

to jdrail

Acanac Inc.

"To make a long story short, they never sent out the new modem. When I called back, after NOT receiving a tracking number, I was told the new modem would go out until the other two were returned. Of course we had to call to find this out. No one actually deigned to let us know."

I am so sorry you were not informed about returning the modem. You definitely should have been told on the phone that you would need to return at least one of the modems before they would send out a third one.

If you would like to pm me with your user name, real name or email on your account I will check on this modem shipment for you.
Lynn0

1 edit

Lynn0 to jdrail

Premium Member

to jdrail
erasing this as it posted twice.
jdrail
Toronto, ON

jdrail

Re: If you're considering them for cable STAY AWAY

Again I'm going to stand by my original comments but not for the same reasons.

After checking other forums it appears the problem is widespread among other cable users and is related to Rogers network.

We're still disconnecting 10 to 15 times a night.

Acanac put in a ticket to Rogers. They called yesterday saying they would be here in 15 minutes and then no-showed (not the first time). It's been rescheduled We'll see if they show up tomorrow.

IF DSL is an option for you, go for it. We had DSL before but highspeed DSL is not available in our area - only lite.

I noticed Teksavvy went to the CRTC about a similar issue a few months ago. I hope Acanac will do the same.
Lynn0
Premium Member
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

I will have to mention this to Paul if this is what is happening.

yzhang018
@rogers.com

yzhang018 to jdrail

Anon

to jdrail
I'm having a 16 hour down time (still ongoing) for my cable internet since yesterday. Email to emergency@acanac.com and support were not reponded.
Lynn0
Premium Member
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

yzhang018 please keep your post to ONE thread and I have asked you on the other thread to pm me with your user information.
jdrail
Toronto, ON

jdrail

Hi Lynn,
Just a followup to the longstanding problem with our internet service.

We finally decided to deal with Rogers directly. We went after them for longstanding problems we've had with the Cable TV reception. We actually found the information that tied the two together on the Acanac forums.

Interestingly Rogers came in a little over 48 hours (not the 5 to 7 days garbage). The entire cable line from the house to the pole was replaced. The connectors were replaced on a previous visit.

It's only been a couple of days but the internet has remained stable since. Still guarded but hoping we've come to the end of this saga.

I feel bad.

Your company along with other resellers is really getting the shaft from Rogers. They're either providing inferior service to the resellers or are completely incompetent. I can't think of a third excuse.

I've given an update to Acanac. We'll follow up with them in a week and let them know if this is completely resolved.

This was the fourth service call to Rogers. It could have (and should have) been fixed on the first.

Thanks for all your patience.

reviep
join:2002-06-14
Guelph, ON

reviep

Given the cause of the outages it would be nice of you to update the title of your post?