reply to thedragonmas
Re: spamy email, trojan? Let's cleanup. Be sure to post back if the problem re-appears.
Some thoughts re passwords:
1. Make sure they are strong - »www.microsoft.com/security/onlin···ate.aspx
2. Never use a password anywhere else
- Delete the TFC icon on your Desktop
- Double click the OTL icon on your Desktop
- Press the 'Cleanup' button
Delete Security Check:
- Delete the SecurityCheck icon on your Desktop
Delete Malware Bytes:
- We recommend that you keep MalwareBytes (MBAM) and run it every week. There is no charge to keep the program however the real time protection will stop after the trial period. Be sure to update the definitions before each use. If you decide not to keep MBAM, use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall it.
Delete Sophos AntiRootkit
- If we asked you to run Sophos AntiRootkit program, uninstall it thru Add/Remove Programs.
- If we asked you to install any other programs that are not removed by the OTL cleanup procedure, we will provide separate removal instructions.
When angry count four; when very angry, swear.
Microsoft MVP/Consumer Security 2005-2011
Gladiator Security Forum