HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Fed Up

Premium Member

to Fed Up

Re: [Cable] DCM476 Logger - Track Your Cable Modem Signal Levels

Pretty cool. I wonder if you could make that for the SB6120/SB6121 series?

What info would you need?

Fed Up
join:2007-02-19
m4m2v

Fed Up

said by HiVolt:

Pretty cool. I wonder if you could make that for the SB6120/SB6121 series?

What info would you need?

The basics are simple if the diagnostic pages can be queried than it can be pulled into excel. If you right click over one of the data ranges on the 1st sheet and edit query you can change the web address to the diagnostic page for the SB61XX. Select the tables to import and the rest is just cell links on the 2nd sheet and macros that copy and paste a range of cells. Alt-F11 will bring up the macros to edit and it would only be a matter of mapping the information into the top row of the second sheet and adjusting titles, and finally the range to copy. It would not be hard to develop but someone with a SB6120/SB6121 would have to take it on.

I said to myself at first that I did not have time to do the file but a couple of hours later and a late night to sleep I had it working. I had previously done the night before timed screen captures every 10 seconds with "Snagit" and then put all the jpegs into an .avi file for a timelapse but it was too time consuming and did not allow direct access or filtering to the data. It was helpfull to show a spike on the downstream power to 20 dBmV for several hours before a reset. So it identified to Teksavvy that there was definitely an RF spike at least that evening.

This solution works much better.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Cool !

More things like this are always welcome.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

1 edit

resa1983 to Fed Up

Premium Member

to Fed Up
Any idea why when attempting to import 1 table into a modified logger for the SB6120, it instead chooses the 3rd table, which wasn't even selected?

Edit: nm.. Managed to get it working a different way.
resa1983

2 edits

resa1983

Premium Member

Edited quite a bit, and it now works for the SB6120 & SB6121. Removed a bunch of things which I just couldn't get working with the SB6120, compared to the DCM476 version.

EDIT:
Fixed 2 problems
- Removed a query I couldn't get working properly & was overlapping another
- Fixed values so Downstream Power charts properly

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Instead of Excel, can this script thingy be recoded to use Open Office or Libre Office huh, huh?